Thread Adapter M20/M12

Rocky Arbigaus

Aug 7, 2023, 11:11:13 AM8/7/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hey guys, just asking if anyone here has a tread adapter M20 to a M12.
The think is, I got a new shifter from Moza for my racing rig, witch I believe is an M12 (should be the most standard thread for most car knobs), and I have a Scania Knob that I use for my Trucking simulator (from my internet search, should be an M20).
Just wondering if someone have one laying around that can spare, or know where to find one. I don't know if I can find those on screwfix.

Andy Noyes

Aug 7, 2023, 11:35:37 AM8/7/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
That sounds like something that would have to be custom made, Especially as the Scania thread may be fine pitch rather than the standard metric size, so it's a little more involved than just drilling out and tapping the end of a bolt, but still a relatively simple job on the lathe. M10 and M12 are common sizes for cars, but you still sometimes find imperial threads (eg. Landrover) which can look very similar, so watch out (use a thread gauge).

Rocky Arbigaus

Aug 7, 2023, 12:11:14 PM8/7/23
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I think both are 1.5mm pitch

Rocky Arbigaus

Aug 7, 2023, 12:38:21 PM8/7/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 17.36.41.jpg
Well, worse case, I found this cylindrical connector nut, so I can use the side bolts like I was before with my G29 shifter.
image.png

Richard Ibbotson

Aug 7, 2023, 1:25:21 PM8/7/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
You might be able to 3D print it
Richard

Sent via Richard's Phone

On 7 Aug 2023, at 17:38, Rocky Arbigaus <rocky.a...@gmail.com> wrote:

<WhatsApp Image 2023-08-07 at 17.36.41.jpg>

Well, worse case, I found this cylindrical connector nut, so I can use the side bolts like I was before with my G29 shifter.
<image.png>

Em seg, 7 de ago de 2023 17:11, Rocky Arbigaus <rocky.a...@gmail.com> escreveu:
I think both are 1.5mm pitch