Electromagnetic Field

m.l.mc...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2022, 5:03:32 PMApr 14
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Is anyone else going to EMF this year or has been before?Any tips or advice? We will be 3 adults and an 8-year-old, very much looking forward to it but not entirely sure what to expect.

Hugh Wells

Apr 20, 2022, 8:41:53 AMApr 20
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I will be! 🙂

I can also recommend mch2022.org

I haven't personally been to EMF myself, but if it's anything like the Dutch hacker camps it'll be a chilled out general atmosphere with lots of exciting things going on in the background.

My advice would be to come looking to learn something new!

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022, 10:03 PM m.l.mc...@gmail.com <m.l.mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is anyone else going to EMF this year or has been before?Any tips or advice? We will be 3 adults and an 8-year-old, very much looking forward to it but not entirely sure what to expect.

This email was sent on behalf of CrabLab Limited. The contents and any attachments are expressly intended for the recipient(s). Should you receive this email in error you should contact the sender highlighting the error and remove the email from your system. The opinions expressed therein are not necessarily representative of the views of CrabLab Limited.

Keegan Neave

May 24, 2022, 6:34:23 AMMay 24
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hadn't spotted this, I'll be going. A very long extension cable or two is useful, you can get power to your tent that way. One thing I was glad for last time was having a tarp to put over my tent, it blocks an awful lot of light getting in and also keeps things much cooler in the day too.

I'll be running Hacky Racers, our track is opposite the bar, come say hello. :)

Michelle T

May 26, 2022, 11:51:28 AMMay 26
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Good advice, thanks! We're taking a 30m extension lead and similar length of ethernet cable to hook up a raspberry pi in the tent. James has been programming it to show the talk and film schedules in Teletext format. Should be available on emf.teletext.uk for the duration of the event.

I'll definitely come and check out Hacky Racers.

Michelle T

May 26, 2022, 11:53:10 AMMay 26
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Sorry, that URL should have been emf.ceefax.uk !