CPC Order

Hugh Wells

Nov 18, 2022, 5:36:29 PM11/18/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hey,

I am placing an order with CPC for some bits, but I'm not spending enough to avoid their 5 quid handling fee.

Would anyone like anything? If so just let me know and I'll be passing by the lab next week and can drop it off.

Best,

Hugh

This email was sent on behalf of CrabLab Limited. The contents and any attachments are expressly intended for the recipient(s). Should you receive this email in error you should contact the sender highlighting the error and remove the email from your system. The opinions expressed therein are not necessarily representative of the views of CrabLab Limited.

Alex Gibson

Nov 18, 2022, 5:49:47 PM11/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

I need some chunky capacitors, which seem to be more expensive these days, I will check their site for the right values and decide if I’ll be passing by to pick them up.

When do you need to know?

Cheers,

Alex Gibson

edumaker limited

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d

Unit 3B Bacchus House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston, READING RG7 8EN

Alex Gibson

Nov 18, 2022, 6:04:13 PM11/18/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Scratch that, they have neither of the capacitors I need!

Need 2x 560uF, 2x 680uF, both 250V, 35mm tall or less.

Can get them from RS and elsewhere but for around £4+ per capacitor!  I’m hopeful I might find some spares in a PSU that was killed in a different way.  These were plugged into 230V with the 115v switch on.

Cheers,

Alex Gibson

edumaker limited

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d

Unit 3B Bacchus House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston, READING RG7 8EN

Hugh Wells

Nov 18, 2022, 8:04:25 PM11/18/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Yeah, RS or Rapid are probably a better bet for those sort of things.

As to when I need to know: end of Sunday I suppose? 🙂