Repurposing control panel

Carlo Z

Nov 19, 2022, 7:02:54 AM11/19/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I would like to repurpose this control panel to turn a few things on and off on my Fiat 500 EV conversion.
I mean things like switching on the
heating system
other relay controlled bits as activate the charger for 12v utilities battery
possibly more things.

How would you go about figuring out what pin (see picture 2) relates to which switch (|see picture 1)?
Control unite switch.jpgconnector round 100 pins.jpg

Carlo

Richard Ibbotson

Nov 19, 2022, 7:13:41 AM11/19/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Can you get inside the unit? How do you plan to connect? Do you have a matching plug?
Richard

Sent via Richard's Phone

On 19 Nov 2022, at 12:03, Carlo Z <carlo....@gmail.com> wrote:

I would like to repurpose this control panel to turn a few things on and off on my Fiat 500 EV conversion.

Carlo Z

Nov 19, 2022, 7:18:45 AM11/19/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Yes, I can get inside it, but it's a crazy bundle of wires with many other electronic bits.
I was hoping to use the connector making a plug out of a bunch of jumper wires hot glued together.

Richard Ibbotson

Nov 19, 2022, 7:52:58 AM11/19/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
If there are electronics in it then it will be much more difficult. You might ask on some of the aviation sites if anyone has a schematic for F492C-503.
Alternatively if you can get to the individual switches it might be easier to strip out all the wires and components and wire to a new connector. You should be able to 3D print a connector mount for a25 way D or similar connector.
Richard

Sent via Richard's Phone