Free to a good home: concert speaker flight case/rolling tool chest!

Alex Gibson

Sep 29, 2023, 6:39:26 PM9/29/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I have up for grabs a large fridge sized rolling flight case which IIRC was once used by a metal band for transporting speakers, around the corner from rLab at Reading Buses.

I was going to make it into a rolling tool chest/cupboard, would be a simple enough job and just require a bit of cutting and adding drawer slides, I have a few server rack types, or kitchen drawer slides could work.

It rolls about on heavy duty castors and the whole top lifts off with a nice locking latch mechanism.

The interior is lined with thick padding.
Could be a good soundproofing container but consider fire risk first!

Please let me know quickly if you might want it.  I need it gone soonish but it's easy to move out of the way so I think there's flexibility.

Cheers, Alex
PXL_20230929_203825646.jpg

Frans Wilbrink

Oct 1, 2023, 5:52:58 AM10/1/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,
I'm interested, can you mail me your phone number?

Frans

Alex Gibson

Oct 1, 2023, 8:49:15 AM10/1/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Frans

Sorry, this has already gone!  Amazingly, an rLab member needed it unmodified for its original purpose, to lug sound equipment to event venues, and was able to collect yesterday so I could clear out of storage bang on time.

Alternative suggestion – I hear that the closing down Wilkinsons store may be getting rid of a number of rolling cages?

Kind regards,

Alex Gibson

edumaker limited

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d

Unit 3B Bacchus House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston, READING RG7 8EN

Frans Wilbrink

Oct 1, 2023, 3:36:09 PM10/1/23
to reading-...@googlegroups.com