Aluminium strips

Ronnie Daruvala

Jun 24, 2022, 9:52:13 AM6/24/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace

Can anyone suggest where I can get some L shaped aluminium strips about 2 metres long:

2m x 25mm (one side) x 15mm (other side)x 1mm (thick)

2m x 30mm (both sides)  x 2mm (thick)

Also while we are at it, M8 hex bolts?

I can work out where to get 12mm ply from!

I want make a jig for a router.

Best wishes

Ronnie

Frank in Woodcote

Jun 25, 2022, 12:47:18 PM6/25/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Shadow supplies in Cardiff road. It's actually a metalwork factory, and they usually have all sorts in. And good value too. Ask for Howard who runs the place. You can mention Frank if that helps...

Sounds like you need some extruded ali angle.

It's located in the small parade of business units, just in front of Goodmans steels.

Alex Gibson

Jun 25, 2022, 12:57:22 PM6/25/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

That’s quality info…! Thanks, I hope to check them out soon myself.

Cheers,

Alex Gibson

edumaker limited

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d

Unit 3B Bacchus House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston, READING RG7 8EN

rohinton daruvala

Jun 26, 2022, 4:19:13 AM6/26/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks. Sounds perfect. I will investigate next week.