Card access (solution?)

M Chad

Dec 5, 2022, 4:49:00 AM12/5/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi, my card wasn't working this morning (it was fine yesterday).  I notice that my direct debit is due out tomorrow, so I guess that the access period doesn't quite cover the whole month, or the previous payment was made out of sync due to a weekend or something.

Is it worth checking that access is flexible enough to cover the odd day like this?

PS, I have something o the left hand 3D printer.  feel free to stick it in the filing cabinet.

Vance Briggs

Dec 5, 2022, 5:12:09 AM12/5/22
to Reading Hackspace
The door system should be flexible enough to cope with what you describe and there is a "man in the loop" which adds a sanity check.

Interestingly I noticed a small glitch in the door controller. Do you know (as accurately as possible) what time your card failure occurred?

Vance

Mark Morris

Dec 5, 2022, 5:13:55 AM12/5/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
That wouldn't have been why your card wasn't working, the access/payments system doesn't work like that.

I can be there this evening if you want to come down. We can check your card and issue a new one.

On Mon, 5 Dec 2022, 09:49 M Chad, <m72ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

M Chad

Dec 5, 2022, 5:32:45 AM12/5/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Great, of so maybe it is a different glitch.
I guess it was about 9am, maybe 9.10?

I'm not going to be available tonight, but I can try tomorrow

Tony Short

Dec 5, 2022, 9:57:20 AM12/5/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Door didn't accept my card just now, but fortunately I have a key!

Mr E

Dec 5, 2022, 11:05:58 AM12/5/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

The door is back up and working.  M Chad (sorry I don't know your full name!) I think your card is fine, but something happened when it tried to read your card, that actually caused the card reader itself to lockup, and no cards could be read afterwards.  Please do try it again and report back.

All the best.

Rupert