Vesa Laptop mount

Jeremy Poulter

Jul 21, 2022, 3:56:20 PM7/21/22
to rLab List
Hi all,

One of my monitors has recently died so I now have a spare vesa mount point on my monitor stand.

image.png

As a temporary I have been looking at a mount/tray for my laptop, however I am struggling to find one that mounts to the bottom/underneath the vesa mount, most are like this one:

image.png

So does anyone know of a vesa mount for a laptop that would mount the laptop lower? Alternatively what are the options (and practicality) of modifying something like the above to mount lower? eg could I (re)bend the metal in the above by 180 degrees? What equipment would I need for that?

Cheers,
Jeremy

Bob Dunlop

Jul 22, 2022, 2:32:24 AM7/22/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 21 at 08:56, Jeremy Poulter wrote:
> So does anyone know of a vesa mount for a laptop that would mount the
> laptop lower? Alternatively what are the options (and practicality) of
> modifying something like the above to mount lower? eg could I (re)bend the
> metal in the above by 180 degrees? What equipment would I need for that?

What about manufacturing a simple rectangular metal (or other suitable
material) plate. Drill one set of holes to fit the original mount, and
a second set offset lower down for the laptop mount.

--
Bob Dunlop

Tom Allen

Jul 22, 2022, 7:42:05 AM7/22/22
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I think fabrication would be best. I think ee have a sheet bender and we certainly have a welder. If you need some sheet metal I have some in my yard in Earley I've saved from others throwing away