MDF for the laser cutter

Ronnie Daruvala

May 30, 2022, 6:26:20 AM5/30/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I'm about to order some MDF for use with the laser cutter.  Assuming I can get to grips with Fusion 360 I am going to create some router templates.  I am sure this will be documented on the Wiki - not so easy to see my phone.  However, can someone tell me what is the thickest depth of MDF the laser cutter will safely tolerate?

Many thanks

Ronnie

Tony Short

May 30, 2022, 6:39:03 AM5/30/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
9mm is about the limit, but different mdf has different properties so it’s not an exact science.

Ronnie Daruvala

May 30, 2022, 8:45:41 AM5/30/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace

Thanks Tony

Ronnie Daruvala

May 30, 2022, 9:19:12 AM5/30/22
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hi Tony

I have been working on sketching a diagram using Fusion 360 and wondered if you are around at anytime this week so that I might pick you brains?  I can pretty much do anytime to suit you.
Best wishes

Ronnie