Hello! Inductions and Visitors

Sam Hastings

Nov 26, 2021, 6:41:28 AM11/26/21
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Hey, I am Sam - recent rLab member.

Very much looking forwards to getting stuck into the CNC offerings, and woodworking gear.

I'm aware that the vast majority of the kit I'm interested in will need an induction, so I'll drop my key interests below - please let me know if/when I can steal some of your time for inductions (after typical work hours):
- 3D Printers
- Laser Cutter
- Bandsaw
- Planer/Thicknesser
- Table saw
- Router table
- Mitre saw

I am also interested in bringing along my father who would like to make use of the polishing wheel. I notice it is 'induction optional' - as per visitor policy, is his use of this tool permitted? It seems to fall into a somewhat grey area.

Thanks,
Sam

Steve Rodway

Nov 26, 2021, 7:14:00 AM11/26/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam,
Welcome to rLab! I'm sure Mark and Tony will be in touch soon regarding
the inductions you're looking for. We tend to recommend only doing one
induction per person per day because there can be a lot of information,
so it's best to prioritize which ones you think you'll need first.
On the polisher, I'd prefer a guest didn't use it unless they have
substantial previous experience with them as they have a number of ways
they can catch you out if you're not ready for it.

Steve
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/76932cbf-3e3b-4d58-a877-6b4dd1528fd2n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/76932cbf-3e3b-4d58-a877-6b4dd1528fd2n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Mark Morris

Nov 29, 2021, 4:44:48 PM11/29/21
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sam

I can do you the wood work tool inductions. I could do something tomorrow (30th) daytime, otherwise likely to be next week

Mark

To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/reading-hackspace/b0c6edb3-6940-aa8f-7386-184e9a5a2896%40legionelectronics.co.uk.

Sam Hastings

Nov 30, 2021, 3:14:17 AM11/30/21
to Mark Morris, reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,

Thank you for offering! Unfortunately the 30th doesn’t work for me, next week works better. When is best for you?

Thanks,
Sam