Garden shed project?

taraj...@gmail.com

Oct 3, 2021, 2:55:35 PMOct 3
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
I am looking at building a summerhouse but have no money!

I already have the timber for the carcass but obviously need floor, roof and walls. I am thinking of recycling/upcycling old pallets over a skin of roofing felt for the walls and floor and obviously the felt over the top on the roof.

However, if anyone has any ideas where I can get ply or OSB board very cheaply, even usable offcuts and/or secondhand then I would use that.

Ali F

Oct 8, 2021, 5:50:54 AMOct 8
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Arnold Laver sometimes has half-decent offcuts and slightly damaged product. I've had usable short-length tongue and groove from their pile before.

taraj...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2021, 2:48:14 PMOct 8
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
Good tip! Thanks.

Alex P

Oct 11, 2021, 11:32:52 AM (12 days ago) Oct 11
to rLab / Reading's Hackspace
If there's any building sites near by you might get lucky, the one by my work had a load of fencing made from sheets (OSB/Ply) that all got chucked in the tip at the end