CSTHA Conference

2 просмотра

Scott Campbell

не прочитано,
22 авг. 2011 г., 11:01:2122.08.2011
– reading-art...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to provide the links to the Canadian Science and Technology Historical Association conference I mentioned on the last day of RASI.

The call for papers is here: http://cstha-ahstc.ca/2011/07/05/cstha-ahstc-xvii-conference-colloque/.  As you can see, it's 18-20 November 2011. The bulk of the talks at CSTHA conferences are on the Saturday, with a few on Sunday morning, and, typically, a special panel discussion on the Friday evening though that has not yet been set.

CSTHA is a fairly small history society, and our conferences are very friendly affairs. There are usually quite a few graduate students, as well as presenters who are not traditional academic historians with university positions. Engineers, physicists, and public servants with an interest in Canadian history are not out of the ordinary.

I'm on the Program Committee, and I really hope we can get enough of the RASI groups together for a complete panel on reading artifacts. Even if the artifact is not Canadian (like my group's Babbage Engine replica), I think there is enough leeway for virtually any group to put forward their artifact for a discussion. After all, it was collected by a Canadian museum and there's a story to be told. I would also hope that a RASI group would have access to their artifact for their talk, since the CSTM is hosting the conference.

The deadline for submissions is August 31, but we'll almost certainly extend that. However, if you think your group (or a representative of your group) could make it back to Ottawa and you need a bit longer to put together a plan and submit an abstract, please try to let me know by that first deadline.

If anyone has any questions, please get in touch!

Best,
Scott

Scott Campbell

не прочитано,
20 сент. 2011 г., 16:19:2220.09.2011
– reading-art...@googlegroups.com
Hello again all RASI attendees.

A few of you have submitted proposals for the November 2011 CSTHA
conference at CSTM, but it's not too late for another proposal or two.
The deadline for proposals has been extended to Sept 26. See the Call
for Papers here:
http://cstha-ahstc.ca/2011/07/05/cstha-ahstc-xvii-conference-colloque/
and submit proposals here:
http://cstha-ahstc.ca/conference-congres-2011/individual-proposals/