Stream error handling

Laurent Caillette

Jun 24, 2015, 9:36:36 AM6/24/15
to reactor-framework
Hi all,

I'm trying to add something like a catch-all clause in my pipeline.
The documentation doesn't tell much about interactions between
Stream#observeError, Stream#retry and Stream#consume. I wrote some
tests to clarify those behaviors, which are quite nice and logical by
the way. I like the filtering of Stream#observeError so we can stack
error handlers like with catch clauses, and how Stream#retry stops
propagation and allows local handling.

Test class Javadoc could also find its way in the documentation.

Regards,

c.
RetryBehaviorTest.java

Stephane Maldini

Jun 25, 2015, 11:50:12 AM6/25/15
to Laurent Caillette, reactor-framework
Adding that straight away to the suite, THANKS a lot!

Will add clarification when I get a new window to rush my todo list :)

Stephane Maldini | Solutions Architect, CSO EMEA | London | Pivotal

Laurent Caillette

Jun 26, 2015, 1:21:54 AM6/26/15
to Stephane Maldini, reactor-framework
Please forget what I wrote in the Javadoc about the catch-all error handler, it doesn’t work. Maybe it’s not a good idea because it means there are things left in an unknown state (this approach makes more sense with a graphical user interface, which has more chances of graceful recovery). Luckily the test remain valid and highlight interesting behavior.