F# with ReactiveUI

Brad Phelan

Dec 9, 2012, 4:31:52 AM12/9/12
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Hi There,

I've been using ReactiveUI on a legacy  winforms VB.NET project and really liked it.  I have a cleanroom project about to
start and I can choose my technology suite as I like. I'm very keen to try out using F#, ReactiveExtensions
and use ReactiveUI as my MVVM framework.

Has anybody developed with F# against ReactiveUI? Are there any gotcha's or alternatively pleasant
surprises to look forward to? If anybody has some examples that would be awsome.

Regards and thanks for the great project so far.

Brad

Brad Phelan

Dec 9, 2012, 4:35:54 AM12/9/12
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
In the meantime I'll take a crack at converting one or two of the samples into F# and if it works out I'll
send you a pull request for it.

Paul Betts

Dec 9, 2012, 3:04:02 PM12/9/12
to ReactiveUI mailing list
Hi Brad,

As far as I know, I haven't heard of anyone using F# with ReactiveUI, but it'd definitely fit well there (and if it doesn't and there's something I can do about it, ping the list!)

--
Paul Betts <pa...@paulbetts.org>

Paul Betts

Dec 9, 2012, 3:04:24 PM12/9/12
to ReactiveUI mailing list

Brad Phelan

Dec 14, 2012, 5:08:28 AM12/14/12
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Ok the first problem I have in F# is figuring out how to generate

Linq.Expression.Expression<Func<TObject,TRet>>

as used everywhere in the ReactiveUI API

Brad Phelan

Dec 14, 2012, 5:12:18 AM12/14/12
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
The F# technique is to use code quotations as outlined here.

http://fadsworld.wordpress.com/category/f/

ixm...@gmail.com

Aug 18, 2018, 11:39:18 AM8/18/18
to ReactiveUI mailing list