Could not load assembly 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Fragment, Version=1.0.0.0

Sana Rajput

Dec 5, 2018, 2:36:59 AM12/5/18
to ReactiveUI mailing list

Hi,

I have updated my Xamarin forms version to 2.5.0.91635.

Portable projects build, but the Droid project fails to build with the following error message...

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Fragment, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken='. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
File name: 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Fragment.dll'
at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver) Quantum.Droid C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets 1446

Here are my VS and SDK versions:

Microsoft Visual Studio Enterprise 2017 Version 15.4.5
Xamarin 4.7.10.38 (34c1b6c)
Xamarin.Android SDK 8.0.2.1 (HEAD/c2a33d8ea)
Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac SDK 11.3.0.47 (51128b8)

Is there something extra I need to do to get this to build with the latest version?

Please help...

Geoffrey Huntley

Dec 5, 2018, 5:00:27 AM12/5/18
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Join reactiveui.net/slack

akshita...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2018, 2:06:13 AM12/11/18
to ReactiveUI mailing list
Hi Sana,

You didn't have the target framework version for the droid project set properly. I had selected framework 6 - so I increased this to "latest" and updated the XamarinForms nuget package again. and it builds ok now. Cheers! If you still need help regarding Xamarin Migration Services feel free to contact me.