ReactiveCommand.Subscribe not running in UI thread?!

Atle

Mar 2, 2015, 10:11:44 AM3/2/15
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I thought that subscribing to a ReactiveCommand should invoke the subscription in the UI thread? For some reason it is usually invoked in a worker thread even though the command is invoked in the UI thread.

This is what triggers the command:

in Constructor:

SeriesCollection = new ObservableCollection<IChartSeriesViewModel>();

ReactiveCommand.CreateAsyncTask(async _ =>
{
    var data = await getDataAsync(); <--- All except this must run in UI
    (Create view models from data)
    return viewModels;
}

CreateSeries.ObserveOn(RxApp.MainThreadScheduler).Subscribe(x =>
{
    SeriesCollection.Clear(); <------------------- Crash due to invoked by worker thread which is not owner of the SeriesCollection object.
    foreach (var chartSeriesViewModel in x)
        SeriesCollection.Add(chartSeriesViewModel);
    YRange = CalculateYRange(x);
});

Listen to a property changed event of the background model
IDisposable selectedAnalysisSubscription =
                this.WhenAnyValue(x => x.Model.SelectedIdentifierPropertyPair)
                     .ObserveOn(RxApp.MainThreadScheduler)
                     .InvokeCommand(CreateSeries);

How do

Atle

Mar 3, 2015, 5:40:26 AM3/3/15
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Seems like the RxApp.MainThreadScheduler is not set up correctly.

Adding this on startup seems to fix the issue:

RxApp.MainThreadScheduler = DispatcherScheduler.Current;
RxApp.TaskpoolScheduler = TaskPoolScheduler.Default;

- Atle

paul....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2015, 11:26:10 PM3/3/15
to reacti...@googlegroups.com, reacti...@googlegroups.com
Platform?

Paul

Atle

Mar 4, 2015, 2:05:31 AM3/4/15
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Windows WPF compiled from source and strong named due to being a plug-in to another application. The host application seems to be using Rx as well, and I am getting some "different versions" redirect errors to System.Reactive.Windows.Threading. Not sure if this has anything to do with this.

- Atle

paul....@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2015, 1:36:25 AM3/9/15
to reacti...@googlegroups.com, reacti...@googlegroups.com
I think all of your problems are because of the strong naming, because you didn’t patch this:

Best,
Paul

Vladimir Morozov

Jun 5, 2015, 9:44:33 AM6/5/15
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Could you please clarify which patch you're talking about?