Building in MacOS

Willian Massahiro Hayashida

Aug 8, 2022, 12:41:32 PM8/8/22
to re2...@googlegroups.com
Dear Re2 team,

I have been trying to use the python wrap of the re2 library. I got, unfortunately, some errors while trying to install it.

I am using MacOS Monterey (v12.5 21G72) on intel processor
My compiler version is
Apple clang version 13.1.6 (clang-1316.0.21.2.5)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin21.6.0

and edited the file setup.py to add the flag "-std=c++11"

after running
>>> python setup.py install
I got the following error

_re2.cc:121:19: error: no viable conversion from 'absl::string_view' to 'const re2::StringPiece'
  if (!self.Match(text, pos, endpos, anchor, groups.data(), groups.size())) {
_re2.cc:144:25: error: no viable conversion from 'absl::string_view' to 'const re2::StringPiece'
  return RE2::QuoteMeta(pattern);
_re2.cc:161:26: error: no viable conversion from 'absl::string_view' to 'const re2::StringPiece'
    int index = set_.Add(pattern, /*error=*/NULL);  // -1 on error
_re2.cc:175:10: error: no matching member function for call to 'Match'
    set_.Match(text, &matches);
_re2.cc:196:17: error: no viable conversion from 'absl::string_view' to 'const re2::StringPiece'
    filter_.Add(pattern, options, &index);
_re2.cc:222:11: error: no matching member function for call to 'Match'
    set_->Match(text, &atoms);
_re2.cc:227:26: error: no viable conversion from 'absl::string_view' to 'const re2::StringPiece'
      filter_.AllMatches(text, atoms, &matches);
/usr/local/include/absl/memory/memory.h:170:33: error: no matching constructor for initialization of 're2::RE2'
  return std::unique_ptr<T>(new T(std::forward<Args>(args)...));

Could you please give me any directions on how to manage it?
Sorry if I am bothering you, should I send this question in the git repository instead?

Thanks in advance,
Willian

Este e-mail destina-se exclusivamente à(s) pessoa(s) ou empresa(s) especificada(s) na
mensagem. As informações contidas e anexadas são de propriedade do PicPay e, por
esta razão, é estritamente proibido qualquer distribuição, uso ou cópia por pessoas não
autorizadas. Caso você tenha recebido esta mensagem por engano, pedimos que você
responda exclusivamente ao remetente e prossiga com a exclusão deste e-mail e seus
anexos.
This email is intended solely for the person(s) or company(ies) specified in the message.
The information contained and attached is the property of PicPay and, for this reason,
any distribution, use or copying by unauthorized persons is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, we ask that you reply exclusively to the sender and
proceed with the deletion of this email and its attachments.

Paul Wankadia

Aug 8, 2022, 12:58:06 PM8/8/22
to Willian Massahiro Hayashida, re2...@googlegroups.com

Is it possible for you to use https://pypi.org/project/google-re2/ instead? If the wheels aren't suitable, then building from source that way will at least work correctly. The code as currently written depends on Abseil and must be transformed in order to remove the dependency when building in other environments; the source tarball on PyPI contains the transformed code.