Release re-linq to nuget.org

50 views
Skip to first unread message

Chris Eldredge

unread,
Jul 9, 2012, 1:29:25 PM7/9/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm using nuget to manage dependencies on my projects (Lucene.Net.Linq and a clone of NuGet.Server) and I'm depending on Remotion.Linq version 1.13.111.

I'd like to upgrade to a newer version, but it seems that the package hasn't been released on nuget.org since last year.

Would it be possible to get version 1.13.158 released to the nuget gallery? And perhaps to release regularly to nuget.org when releasing on codeplex.com?

Thanks,

Chris

Gordon Watts

unread,
Jul 9, 2012, 2:02:03 PM7/9/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I’d like to second the nuget publishing as a default release step. Nuget makes managing packages so much easier than other methods.
 
    Cheers,
        Gordon.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "re-motion Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/re-motion-users/-/01IG1OPebvMJ.
To post to this group, send email to re-moti...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to re-motion-use...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/re-motion-users?hl=en.

Fabian Schmied

unread,
Jul 10, 2012, 3:23:15 AM7/10/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

> I’d like to second the nuget publishing as a default release step. Nuget
> makes managing packages so much easier than other methods.

Yes, I too second that idea :)

In fact, we're planning to include a NuGet release step in our build
scripts that will upload NuGet packages including PDBs and sources
whenever we release a CodePlex build.
(The only reason why we haven't implemented that yet is that nobody
has taken the time to do so.)

Until then: the current "Remotion Linq Library" NuGet package is not
owned by us, but by Henrik Feldt. I'll mail him and ask him to update
the package to the most recent one.

Regards,
Fabian

Gordon Watts

unread,
Jul 10, 2012, 7:18:13 PM7/10/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Fabian Schmied
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:23 AM
To: re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [re-motion-users] Release re-linq to nuget.org

Hi all,

> I�d like to second the nuget publishing as a default release step. Nuget
> makes managing packages so much easier than other methods.

Yes, I too second that idea :)

In fact, we're planning to include a NuGet release step in our build
scripts that will upload NuGet packages including PDBs and sources
whenever we release a CodePlex build.
(The only reason why we haven't implemented that yet is that nobody
has taken the time to do so.)

Until then: the current "Remotion Linq Library" NuGet package is not
owned by us, but by Henrik Feldt. I'll mail him and ask him to update
the package to the most recent one.

Regards,
Fabian

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Gordon Watts <gor...@gordonandpaula.net>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I�d like to second the nuget publishing as a default release step. Nuget

Fabian Schmied

unread,
Jul 23, 2012, 5:44:41 AM7/23/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Just to keep you up-to-date about the NuGet thing; I've contacted
Henrik Feldt (the creator/owner of the Remotion.Linq package) twice,
but he hasn't answered yet.

Fabian

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:18 AM, Gordon Watts <gor...@gordonandpaula.net> wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Fabian Schmied
> Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:23 AM
> To: re-moti...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: [re-motion-users] Release re-linq to nuget.org
>
>
> Hi all,
>
>> I’d like to second the nuget publishing as a default release step. Nuget
>> makes managing packages so much easier than other methods.
>
>
> Yes, I too second that idea :)
>
> In fact, we're planning to include a NuGet release step in our build
> scripts that will upload NuGet packages including PDBs and sources
> whenever we release a CodePlex build.
> (The only reason why we haven't implemented that yet is that nobody
> has taken the time to do so.)
>
> Until then: the current "Remotion Linq Library" NuGet package is not
> owned by us, but by Henrik Feldt. I'll mail him and ask him to update
> the package to the most recent one.
>
> Regards,
> Fabian
>
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Gordon Watts <gor...@gordonandpaula.net>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I’d like to second the nuget publishing as a default release step. Nuget

Fabian Schmied

unread,
Aug 7, 2012, 5:31:26 AM8/7/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've now received ownership of the Remotion.Linq NuGet package, and
have updated it with the current re-linq build 1.13.161. It's a
package with symbols, so you can debug into re-linq by setting up
"http://srv.symbolsource.org/pdb/Public" as a symbol file location in
the Visual Studio debugger. For more information see
"http://blog.davidebbo.com/2011/04/easy-way-to-publish-nuget-packages-with.html"
("What the package Consumer needs to do").

Cheers,
Fabian

Gordon Watts

unread,
Aug 10, 2012, 2:06:29 AM8/10/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
This is great! Thanks for doing this!

    Cheers,
        Gordon.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages