Subquery boundaries after GroupBy, Union, and similar query operators?

Fabian Schmied

Oct 12, 2012, 6:01:08 AM10/12/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Working on "https://www.re-motion.org/jira/browse/RM-4093"
(UnionResultOperator should act as a query source) made me think about
the nature of result operators that mangle the incoming data so much
that it can't be associated with the original data any more.

I've written my thoughts down on my blog here:
"https://www.re-motion.org/blogs/mix/2012/10/12/re-linq-subquery-boundaries-after-groupby-union-and-similar-operators/".
I'd appreciate any input by the people using re-linq.

Cheers,
Fabian

Gordon Watts

Oct 12, 2012, 8:26:47 AM10/12/12
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Can I have a day or two to look at this? One of the bugs on my list might be related to this, so I need to make sure I understand how my code is dealing with this subtlety.

> Can I have a day or two to look at this? One of the bugs on my list might be related to this, so I need to make sure I understand how my code is dealing with this subtlety.

Of course, I'll not make this change right away anyway; just
contemplating it for the future.

Cheers,
Fabian