Clone() of main from clause is done twice

Gordon Watts

Jan 23, 2017, 6:22:57 PM1/23/17
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

  I just tried updating to the latest Relinq and discovered the clone bug is still present. It has been there a while now. 😊

  Here is a test case in my forked repro showing the problem:

        https://github.com/gordonwatts/Relinq/commit/06ba52ab38dbbbcaf22633a0227ab72738a58d37

  And a code modification that fixed the problem:

        https://github.com/gordonwatts/Relinq/commit/c9fb978dc2559bab2d969280e1931a2105d6d97b

  When I first reported this you wanted to think through the cloning and make sure that it was doing the right (or not right) thing. And you were also in the middle of doing a big step in the version.

  I’d love to move to the new version (I’m back on 2.0.X), but without getting this fixed I can’t. Any chance this could be slotted into the queue? I’ve not tried to move my code modifications to the head of the repro yet, but if you think my approach is right, then I am willing to form this into a pull request.

  Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Gordon

Michael Ketting

Jan 24, 2017, 10:14:55 AM1/24/17
to re-motion Users
Hi Gordon!

Yeah, I know :/ There wasn't much time beyond keeping things alive the last couple...quarters. Is the .NET Core compatiblity stuff in the 2.1.x branch something you're waiting for because other than that, the 2.0.x is still current :)

BTW, could you remind me, please, did you also create a Jira ticket for the clone-issue (https://www.re-motion.org/jira/projects/RMLNQ) so I can assign a version number to it. ATM, I don't remember if this will be a non-breaking issue so there's that but at least I can put it on the roadmap.

Best regards, Michael

Gordon Watts

Jan 25, 2017, 9:13:42 AM1/25/17
to Michael Ketting, re-motion Users

Hi,

  I don’t think I did? At anyrate, I’ve created a new one:

                https://www.re-motion.org/jira/browse/RMLNQ-111

I do think this is a non-breaking issue. I made the modification below and I’ve been running it in production for about 6 months now – with very complex QM’s, and I’ve not seen any sign of a problem. So, unless the fact that the clone is executed twice in the first place indicates a deeper logic flaw, then this fix is fine, and I think it will perturb nothing else. While I’d be willing to bet beer on this, probably not $1000 bucks, if you are curious about my level of confidence. 😊

Cheers,
Gordon

Michael Ketting

Jan 25, 2017, 9:25:56 AM1/25/17
to re-motion Users, michael...@rubicon.eu
Hi Gordon!

Great, thanks! It's now on the list of stuff to tackle when I actually get to do re-linq stuff :)

Best regards, Michael
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to re-motion-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Gordon Watts

Jan 25, 2017, 9:27:18 AM1/25/17
to Michael Ketting, re-motion Users, michael...@rubicon.eu

As always, thanks for all the time and effort you put into this. It is a great tool!