Support for aspnetcore50

Rowan Miller

Jan 7, 2015, 5:49:51 PM1/7/15
to re-mot...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

ASP.NET 5 is introducing the aspnet50 and aspnetcore50 platforms. net45 support implicitly gives aspnet50 support so nothing is needed there. There is a temporary policy that allows win81 to implicitly give aspnetcore50 support, but that will be removed in the near future (as the platforms aren't actually the same - just very close).

The existing package works just fine on aspnetcore50, so no code changes are required.

aspnetcore50 has not shipped in an RTM release yet... so you probably only want to publish a pre-release package with support in case the name changes in the future.

Let me know if you need more info.

~Rowan

Michael Ketting

Jan 8, 2015, 3:16:54 AM1/8/15
to re-mot...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rowan!

Thanks for the update!

Regarding aspnetcore50: Am I right in assuming that there will be a new Target Framework Profile to support aspnetcore50 in the build process und for creating the NuGet package? I haven't actually installed the latest bits anywhere, yet, so a short summary would be much appreciated.

Best regards, Michael

Rowan Miller

Jan 8, 2015, 6:20:27 PM1/8/15
to re-mot...@googlegroups.com
Hey Michael,

You can actually hold off on this one for a bit. I just found out the name of the platform may change, so I'll come back to you once things are locked in.

~Rowan

Michael Ketting

Jan 10, 2015, 5:03:05 AM1/10/15
to re-mot...@googlegroups.com