[re-linq] Partial trust now supported

Fabian Schmied

Jun 10, 2010, 5:38:54 AM6/10/10
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com, re-motion Developers, paul...@gmail.com, paul.w...@gmail.com
Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that re-linq is going to support partial trust
environments out of the box starting from build 1.13.63, which is due
at the end of this week. Once it's ready, you can get it here:
<http://www.re-motion.org/builds/>. The SVN trunk already includes the
partial trust feature.

re-linq can also be used from ASP.NET medium trust, but some LINQ
query features (such as anonymous types created by the C# compiler or
access to local variables from a query) require reflection permissions
not available in default medium trust. Note that the C# compiler often
automatically uses anonymous types when you write a LINQ query with
multiple from clauses or joins.

In order to be able to parse such queries using re-linq (or any other
LINQ provider, I assume), the ReflectionPermission must explicitly be
granted with the MemberAccess permission flag in addition to the
default ASP.NET medium trust permissions.

Best regards,
Fabian