Fee to the broker when selling your REE weeks

Frank Tran

May 13, 2011, 7:45:08 PM5/13/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
and is it true that you have to pay $299 to the broker [Edward Magee 1-800-918-9294] in advance (at the time you request to sell) in despite of he can sell it or not?

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM, S Finley <siler...@gmail.com> wrote:
WOW I must live in the wrong part of the world =+) WA state.  We tried to sell our 2bdrm for $385 and got no where.  I used to cut hair,
Happy vacations to you. Thanks for the come back

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 1:18 PM, andrea harutunian <abh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
funny story---few yrs ago we met a couple there that was vacationing w relative honeymooners that got the rooms fr the brides boss (RE /paid $400 each room) the honeymooners went their way and the other couple befriended my husb and i...by the end of the vaca asked if they could buy a week  and come back  w us the next yr...we said sure-charged $300 and they have been coming on vaca w/us ever since (they live in oregon and we r in ny/nj area ! we keep in touch all yr :)
 the other person is my husbands friend---we gave him a week as a gift one yr and HE wanted to keep coming back---was coming alone at first now brings his girlfriend and pays $300 for the room as well - how many freebies can i give this oct will b his 5th time! so, it basically just landed in our laps...
ask ppl u know, at the office, friends, hair salon etc...believe me-i work at a hair salon and ppl ask all the time if they can buy a week fr me!  i am carefull tho not to sell ALL my weeks LOL-i like to go too :)

Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 21:46:52 -0700
Subject: Re: [RE-Connection] Re: So not fair!
From: siler...@gmail.com

To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

Andrea
how do you manage to rent (sell) your extra weeks?  We keep trying and get no takers. We sure would be happier campers if we could rent out a couple of them
Thanks

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM, andrea harutunian <abh...@hotmail.com> wrote:
everyone's $.02 is valuable :)
i got a fantastic deal thru RE so i'm happy with it---and i love the 1 bedroom suite w the full bar - especially when entertaining friends  after hrs  and the aircond. lounge, RE pool and soft lounge chairs on the beach - just saying-for me it works ... plus i sell at least 2 weeks every yr which pays for my airfare! last trip (0ct 2010) cost my husb and i """$700""" total everything included for the 2 of us (not per person)- the weeks we sold paid for airfair plus... Oct 2011 will be a bit more cause airfare went up and so far all inclusive is higher so it will be somewhere around $900 for the 2 of us-still a great deal in my book :)  ... we had been going there since it was the gala ---even when sandos took over we had paid thru a travel agency appx $2500 for 6 days oceanfront studio upgrade---so u can see why we bought in...we have the luxury of going any time of yr (not to be confused w/any time we want to go lol) so we benefit fr the lowest ai rates during low season...

From: tuff...@q.com
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:43:52 -0700

Everyone is different, the suites or 1 or 2 bedrooms does not mean that much to me.  The room is just a place to sleep and put my stuff while I enjoy the resort.  I am happy to have a decent room and a great rate.  The black bracelet also means very little to me.  If I had a chance to do it all again, I wouldn’t be a RE member.  I just purchased a great deal to Barcelo in June, 5 resorts in one and a better rate than Sandos could give me as a RE member.  With this economy there’s a lot of resorts looking for our business with great rates.  My suggestion don’t buy RE and shop those resorts.  I’m seeing 10 good years before things start to turn.

My $.02
Jesse

May 15, 2011, 11:18:28 PM5/15/11
to royal elite-google groups
hi Frank-not sure if your quest is directed to me but i never paid any broker - i rent my weeks (1 bedroom suite) privately  :)
not worth going thru a broker - u can sell weeks yourself...

Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 16:45:08 -0700
Subject: [RE-Connection] Fee to the broker when selling your REE weeks
From: ftr...@gmail.com
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com

Omar Escobar

May 16, 2011, 12:36:38 PM5/16/11
to RE-Connection
Hello everyone!

As Mrs. Harutunian has said is better if you do it privately. All
broker companies will charge a fee in advance and this never
guarantees the rental of the weeks. This means that if they rent it
it might take a few years for this to happen. This is why we
recommend the rental through friends and family.

Thanks!

sutoe

May 17, 2011, 11:55:24 AM5/17/11
to RE-Connection
Hi, i read almost every comment on this site but rarely comment..
But I do have one today....when I bought the package...Aaron S. Told
us that we could deposit our un used weeks with RE and they would buy
the weeks off us...he said that last year they were paying mbrs 800 a
week... That was the main reason we bought the package....we bought it
last year in june...the price was about 22000 and because we were not
planning to go again last year Aaron said if we deposited the 4 weeks
we had in 2010 he would take 4000 off the price so our end price is
18000.... Nvr tried to deposit the weeks yet but I have talked to
other mbrs about it....someone please tell me if I was mislead??? Omar
please clarify for us...also... I would like to use my maintenace fee
towards my AI fee when I actually use the weeks....I have not gone
back since last year...also Aaron said the package we got allows us to
book wholesale/inside cheap flights cos we are RE mbrs....... A very
confused mbr...thank you
andrea harutunian wrote:
> [...]
> i got a fantastic deal thru RE so i'm happy with it---and i love the 1 bedroom suite w the full bar - especially when entertaining friends after hrs and the aircond. lounge, RE pool and soft lounge chairs on the beach - just saying-for me it works ... plus i sell at least 2 weeks every yr which pays for my airfare! last trip (0ct 2010) cost my husb and i """$700""" total everything included for the 2 of us (not per person)- the weeks we sold paid for airfair plus... Oct 2011 will be a bit more cause airfare went up and so far all inclusive is higher so it will be somewhere around $900 for the 2 of us-still a great deal in my book :) ... we had been going there since it was the gala ---even when sandos took over we had paid thru a travel agency appx $2500 for 6 days oceanfront studio upgrade---so u can see why we bought in...we have the luxury of going any time of yr (not to be confused w/any time we want to go lol) so we benefit fr the lowest ai rates during low season...

kvvmpu kvvmpu

May 17, 2011, 12:54:57 PM5/17/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry to say, but most of what they have promised during sale meeting is a lie, or at least used to be.  (That's why it always "now or never" deal.  Should be actually pretty good sign to run off, but we are so happy on our vacation...  Amazing how much of damage can little bit of sun and alcohol can do to us... :) )
I've tried to deposit my weeks with HSI (company we have signed with originally) and it was complete failure.
Since than I've stopped trying to sell my weeks, instead I'm just taking my relatives and friends with us for free (I guess their appreciation and happiness worth something to me too :) ).
Cheap air tickets is another complete BS, I always have been able to find cheaper deals just doing my homework and searching major travel discount sites.
I've also tried to use RE for finding good deals in area close to my home (San Francisco) and got nothing.
And you can read the whole "yachts benefit" messages exchange here.  (BTW, going fishing and taking 4 ppl this August from Playa Del Carmen with lunch on the beach and snorkeling for 5 hours and it costs me $285, which is by far better deal than was promised to us by RE sales ppl, so you can pretty much forget about this one too, since for Sandos yachts company you have to go to Cancun and it will add another $100 to the price in transfers alone).
Well, whats left?  We have nice resorts to go to and enjoy better rooms, premium drinks, and other little perks that we have enjoyed so far.  I have decided not to bother myself with "other benefits" and try to get as much as possible from little we have.  Although reservation for 1 year ahead (instead of promised 120 days) and rising AI prices (or should I say unpredictable?) really bite big chunk out of my whole experience.
When we are there, we are happy, but when we think about why we bought into RE membership - its a different story.

I've got Taste of Paradise package for 25 years and 75 weeks and paid way less than you are.  I can't even imagine the frustration that you feel reading all negatives here.  It will be really hard to get return on your investment if you're not planning to go to Sandos resorts.  That's the only way to get value out of it.  If you compare RE rooms rate on major travel sites, we still getting pretty good discount.  Try to take your friends with you and maybe they will end up buying some of the weeks from time to time.  That's how some of us did (lucky them :) ).
Anyway, good luck.

Karen Quist

May 17, 2011, 1:40:32 PM5/17/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
WOW, Unbelievable that AARON would have told you that and only being last year. I thought he came back  to CLEAN UP THE MESS only to find out he is still part of it. UNBELIEVABLE!  His comment to me was that the closers of the deal were there to make sure whatever was said during the presentation was true so no one would be mislead.  He is the biggest closer so you think you could believe him.  I was told the same thing.  I got two weeks taken off too when we first purchased but I fought for those for months and months.  Good luck.

SHARON HAMMOND

May 17, 2011, 3:31:37 PM5/17/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
I am looking for two 1 bedroom suites for August 2011 if anyone is interested in renting. Please let me know.

Thx

Sharon

> WOW, Unbelievable that AARON would have told you that and only
> being last
> year. I thought he came back  to CLEAN UP THE MESS only to
> find out he is
> still part of it. UNBELIEVABLE!  His comment to me was that
> the closers of
> the deal were there to make sure whatever was said during the
> presentationwas true so no one would be mislead.  He is the
> conne...@googlegroups.com.>> > > To unsubscribe from this
> group, send email to
> >> re-connectio...@googlegroups.com.
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> send email to
> >> re-connectio...@googlegroups.com.
> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

> >> http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >  --

Lori K.

May 17, 2011, 4:05:37 PM5/17/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Sharon,
I have a 1 bedroom but can check if it's available. Email me if interested. I will take $500 for the week.

Thanks'
Lori

S Finley

May 17, 2011, 9:48:55 PM5/17/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
I would rent mine for $400.00 if the week you want is available and a one bdrm is available. Sorry to under bid anyone, but it was done to me.
Thanks

Betty

May 17, 2011, 11:34:15 PM5/17/11
to RE-Connection

We,will be there on may 27th and we have a fishing yacht booked thru
RE but would love to get the name of the place you are renting thru in
playa. I would love to save a couple hundred dollars and drive time.
Can you please send the info and I will look them up. Thanks

Betty
> [...]
> > hrs  and the aircond. lounge, RE pool and soft lounge chairs on the beach -
> > just saying-for me it works ... plus i sell at least 2 weeks every yr which
> > pays for my airfare! last trip (0ct 2010) cost my husb and i """$700"""
> > total everything included for the 2 of us (not per person)- the weeks we
> > sold paid for airfair plus... Oct 2011 will be a bit more cause airfare went
> > up and so far all inclusive is higher so it will be somewhere around $900
> > for the 2 of us-still a great deal in my book :)  ... we had been going
> > there since it was the gala ---even when sandos took over we had paid thru a
> > travel agency appx $2500 for 6 days oceanfront studio upgrade---so u can see
> > why we bought in...we have the luxury of going any time of yr (not to be
> > confused w/any time we want to go lol) so we benefit fr the lowest ai rates

kvvmpu kvvmpu

May 18, 2011, 12:11:18 AM5/18/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Check their website: http://www.gofishplaya.com/
You can see reviews on tripadviser for them.

Yanick Barrette

May 18, 2011, 11:43:33 AM5/18/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
would also rent mine for 400$.

Yanick

From: darwin....@shaw.ca
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:31:37 -0600

Edward F

May 18, 2011, 12:12:44 PM5/18/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
I also have a one bedroom suite that I would rent for $400

andrea harutunian

May 19, 2011, 11:06:36 AM5/19/11
to royal elite-google groups
hey sharon, i will ask my hubby and i'll email u :)    i have always rented for $300 ...

Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 18:48:55 -0700

Omar Escobar

May 19, 2011, 5:38:26 PM5/19/11
to RE-Connection
Hello everyone!

Yes sutos, if you want to rent your weeks out you need to do it either
through a broker company or through acquaintances like members are
currently doing in this forum. :)

In order for you to get your maintenance fee discounted from your AI
rates you would have to have the addendum that states so. This was
used as a benefit for founding members, so it was given to the first
people that bought the membership. If it is not part of your contract
then we cannot proceed with this. You can get discounted cheap
flights through REE (Royal Elite Exchanges) but not through RE (Royal
Elite). If you are a member of Royal Elite Exchanges please visit
www.royaleliteexchanges.com and you will be able to find a lot of
information in this site.

Have a good day!

S Finley

May 20, 2011, 1:07:13 PM5/20/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like we have lots of people with extra weeks
349.gif

SHARON HAMMOND

May 20, 2011, 1:17:26 PM5/20/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Yes lots of replies, and thanks to all.  I am waiting for my co-worker to decide. They are now wanting 2- 2 bedroom units.

Thx again

Sharon

> Sounds like we have lots of people with extra weeks [?]

> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:06 AM, andrea harutunian
> <abh...@hotmail.com>wrote:
> >  hey sharon, i will ask my hubby and i'll email u
> :)    i have always
> > rented for $300 ...
> >
> > ------------------------------

S Finley

May 20, 2011, 2:07:27 PM5/20/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
I happen to have a 2 bedroom. All depends on the dates wanted

S Finley

May 20, 2011, 2:09:20 PM5/20/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
$400.00 for the 2 bdrm

jay sarma

May 20, 2011, 10:55:30 PM5/20/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sharon,
I can get you two two bedrooms. 360 for two bedrooms or 180 per room/wk is what I sold to my friends recently - that will cover my maintenance charges. Let me know.
Jay

--- On Fri, 5/20/11, S Finley <siler...@gmail.com> wrote:
349.gif

S Finley

May 21, 2011, 12:43:52 PM5/21/11
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
I guess we could get you some real good deals this way, I could lower my prices and rent you 2 -2 bdrm for your dates. If I just wanted to cover my maintenance charges. I would be willing to go lower for renting 2 units.
349.gif