Los Cabos

Driftwood

Nov 6, 2012, 12:31:08 AM11/6/12
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone aware if los Cabos if open to us.... Asking because I saw Sandos advertising the resort..

cj_sunnyside McKee

Nov 6, 2012, 12:34:52 AM11/6/12
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Interesting. It's not mentioned on the RE website.
CJ

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-11-05, at 10:31 PM, "Driftwood" <bkkn...@mts.net> wrote:

Is anyone aware if los Cabos if open to us.... Asking because I saw Sandos advertising the resort..

tbach

Nov 6, 2012, 10:26:17 PM11/6/12
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Sandos purchased Hotel Finisterra in Los Cabos and are renovating from what I have gathered. I don't believe they are taking reservations yet from Royal Elite members but sounds like it is soon in the works. There is a review I came across on Tripadvisor on Hotel Finisterra which talks about the changes and some member information if anyone is interested taking a peak at.

Joe Iapoce

Feb 4, 2013, 12:33:15 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com

Has anyone stayed at Sandos/Royal Elite in Cancun? The AI fee appears to be double that
of Playa, is Cancun worth the extra money? Any help appreciated , Thanks

On Nov 6, 2012, at 10:26 PM, tbach <thoma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sandos purchased Hotel Finisterra in Los Cabos and are renovating from what I have gathered. I don't believe they are taking reservations yet from Royal Elite members but sounds like it is soon in the works. There is a review I came across on Tripadvisor on Hotel Finisterra which talks about the changes and some member information if anyone is interested taking a peak at.

Carissa McKee

Feb 4, 2013, 12:51:27 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
We were booked there originally for our upcoming trip.  Not only is it more they are charging full price for children and teens.
Carissa McKee

wendy starr

Feb 4, 2013, 1:07:04 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com

Also, when I checked, members weren’t even getting it cheaper than those booking on line. And I don’t even know if we have any special privileges either.

darwin

Feb 4, 2013, 1:15:59 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Sandos Finisterra looks real nice,, Hoping to try it in the near future.

andrea harutunian

Feb 4, 2013, 2:25:00 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
That defeats the purpose of having the timeshare to ALL sandos resorts as explained by RE at time of purchase! Think its in writing ( have to look)...

From: darwin....@shaw.ca

To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [RE-Connection] Cuancun Vs Playa
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 11:15:59 -0700

cj_sunnyside McKee

Feb 4, 2013, 2:42:18 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com, re-con...@googlegroups.com
Is Finisterra not going to be available ?

Sent from my iPhone

darwin

Feb 4, 2013, 6:06:30 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
If I am not mistaken Finisterra will be All Inclusive as of March 1.

marik...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2013, 6:55:35 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
We stayed there last October, RE had a special, we took advantage of discounted rates, paid 105pppn. We had room on 7th floor right by the ocean front, with view toward downtown.It was very niece and spotless, kinda small if you want to compare to Playacar hacienda.
In our room as a welcome gift, we had a bottle of black label Johnny walker, Cuban rum, tequila, some m&m's and peanuts.
All cosmetics in bathroom was Bvlgari.
The only Buffett meal was breakfast, lunch and diner was a la carte, they have hibachi steak house that you need to make a reservation for, delicious food everywhere.
The pools were too cold for my taste, lounges around pool as well as on the beach were no problem, but October is a very slow season, there were not so many tourists either.
They have well equipped gym, spa-kinda pricey.
The total downside, hotel next to Sandos, double in its floors and is blocking all the afternoon sun from grounds, but no problem on the beach, it was still sunny.
The beach, same like Playacar, sand, no corals nor stones on the bottom.
The personnel was very nice, but that is in all of Sandos as far as my experience with them goes.
My husband said, no more, and I kinda agree with him, there is much more going on, to do, to walk around in both sorts in Playa del Carmen, nicer landscape too.
We had a great time, but will not be going back to Cancun any time soon.

Sent from my iPad
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to re-connectio...@googlegroups.com.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/re-connection?hl=en.

andrea harutunian

Feb 4, 2013, 7:31:48 PM2/4/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Will we have RE benefits?  Best rooms and Ai $?

From: darwin....@shaw.ca
To: re-con...@googlegroups.com
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:06:30 -0700

jerbark

Feb 5, 2013, 11:04:16 AM2/5/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Carissa,

Does your contract give the reduced rates for children and teens?  If so, and this is in fact a "Sandos" resort, then I don't see how they can charge the full AI fee for children and/or teens???

Carissa McKee

Feb 5, 2013, 11:25:53 AM2/5/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
It does, and yes I agree.  Our confirmation did not include the discount so we just changed our reservation.  We were just going to check it out because it was new and do part of our vacation there.  We will be staying the entire time at Playacar instead and that's great!  I don't eat or drink a fraction of the $150 ai fee so it's too 'posh' an establishment for me anyway never mind the kids:)

Joe Iapoce

Feb 6, 2013, 10:35:05 AM2/6/13
to re-con...@googlegroups.com
Great information, Thanks