Updated rdiffweb v1.4.0 released

Patrik Dufresne

May 20, 2020, 11:08:02 AM5/20/20
to rdiffweb
I'm pleased to announce the new release of rdiffweb that I made available on May 20, 2020.

Thanks to our sponsor, this release introduces a feature to have better control over the user's permission by defining 3 different levels of privilege: Admin, Maintainer and User. This addition allows you to have better control on what your users can or can't do.

Release 1.4.0

  • Fix single repository discovery when a user's home is a rdiff-backup repository
  • [SPONSORED] Add a new setting at the user level to define the user's role. Admin, Maintainer and User. Admin are allowed to do everything. Maintainer are allow to browse and delete repo. Users are only allowed to browse. #94
  • Add "Powered by" in the web interface footer #91
  • Display a nice error message when trying to delete admin user #93
  • Introduce usage of wtforms and flash in admin users for better form validation. #96 #97
  • Update French translation
Backed by many years experience in OpenSource software development and his expertise in backup strategies, IKUS Software is the key partner to support your business growth thanks to the range of services offered which cover software development, IT consulting and support. Whether you want to fulfill a business need, require help to build a new IT infrastructure or need help with your existing one, we are here to assist you.

--
IKUS Software inc.
https://www.ikus-soft.com/