user editing

Rudy Zijlstra

Aug 14, 2021, 10:06:51 AM8/14/21
to rdiffweb

Hi Patrick,

rdiffweb looks like very useful. I am installing on an up-to-date bullseye. I have the web interface working and am trying to set the repositoies, which i understand goes through editing of the user profiles.

using the inbuild sqllite database. No need for postgress with just 2 to 4 users :)

The problems i have:
-  i cannot edit any user profile
- i cannot log out

I've tried with firefox, chrome and konqueror. All give same result

I do not get any error message in either rdiffweb.log or rdiffweb-access.log

bet regards

Patrik Dufresne

Aug 17, 2021, 7:45:33 AM8/17/21
to rdiffweb

Hello,

I don't have enough information to help you with this problem. Could you answer these questions ?

1. How did you install rdiffweb ? Using pip or apt ?

2. How do you login to rdiffweb ? Are you using the default credentials admin/admin123 ?

3. Editing user profile required admin privilege. It then give you access to the "admin area" where you can add, edit and delete users. This menu should be available at the top. If not, could you take a screenshot of the web page.

4. If it's a new database, should you attach the database to this email ? The database file is located under /etc/rdiffweb/rdw.db

Patrik Dufresne

Aug 18, 2021, 8:02:04 AM8/18/21
to Rudy, rdiffweb
Hello Rudy,

> the console of the inspector gives me errors:

This is the root cause of your problem. JQuery is a javascript file that is used to make the website interactive. Seems the browser cannot properly load that file. Not sure why it's an issue.

1. Could you browse to http://192.168.30.6:8080/static/js/jquery.min.js and provide the results ? It should be a javascript file starting with /*! jQuery v3.5.1 | (c) JS Foundation and other contributors | jquery.org/license */

2. On the server this time, could you check the content of /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/rdiffweb/static/js
This is where the javascript files are located. jquery.min.js should be a symbolic link to /usr/share/javascript/jquery/jquery.min.js Could you check if it exists ?

Patrik Dufresne

Aug 20, 2021, 8:05:12 AM8/20/21
to Rudy, rdiffweb
Hello Rudy,

I'm glad I figured out the issue. To my understanding, the installation of libjs-jquery was not successful.

I will take not of this and may provide a health check page to verify if various stuff are working. e.g.: jquery, bootstrap css, rdiff-backup installation, etc.

If you have more questions or feedback don't hesitate to contact me.

On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 3:23 PM Rudy <grump...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks, found it

the directory /usr/share/javascript/jquery still existed, but was empty. apt state was "installed"
after a reinstall the directory had content again and the site works

now to configure...

And hoping it remains installed.

Cheers

Rudy

P.S. the small config file in /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d does help. If you want it, i'll send it to you

Op wo 18 aug. 2021 om 21:04 schreef Rudy <grump...@gmail.com>:
Hi Patrick,

1. Could you browse to http://192.168.30.6:8080/static/js/jquery.min.js and provide the results ? It should be a javascript file starting with /*! jQuery v3.5.1 | (c) JS Foundation and other contributors | jquery.org/license *

image.png

image.png

2. On the server this time, could you check the content of /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/rdiffweb/static/js

rudy@backup:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/rdiffweb/static/js$ ls -l
totaal 8
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   64  7 jul 03:06 bootstrap.min.js -> ../../../../../../share/javascript/bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   56  7 jul 03:06 chart.min.js -> ../../../../../../share/javascript/chart.js/Chart.min.js
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root   55  7 jul 03:06 jquery.min.js -> ../../../../../../share/javascript/jquery/jquery.min.js
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  138 14 aug 14:21 plugins
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5942  7 jul 03:04 rdiffweb.js

I'd seen this before and been wondering if these should not be absolute softlinks

Cheers

Rudy