with-doctests-ignore-unicode error

Nicholas Car

Nov 13, 2021, 12:54:38 AM11/13/21
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone else getting this error trying to run tests:

run_tests.py: error: Error reading config file 'setup.cfg': no such option 'with-doctest-ignore-unicode'

I see that there is, in fact, this variable in config.cfg:

with-doctest-ignore-unicode=1

So I can't work out the issue.

Same on Windows and Mac.

Nick

Iwan Aucamp

Nov 13, 2021, 6:33:57 AM11/13/21
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nicholas,

I have no problems with the master branch on Linux with tox, using a venv or running directly.

All I can think is that you are missing some nose plugin, did you run this before?: python -m pip install -r requirements.txt -r requirements.dev.txt

I think we should probably extend the CI test to include Windows and MacOS, this may help spot any issues that may not exist on linux.

Regards
Iwan Aucamp

--
http://github.com/RDFLib
---

Nicholas Car

Nov 13, 2021, 7:10:33 AM11/13/21
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
It's resolved by pip install doctest-ignore-unicode but the thing that's puzzling me is why I never encountered this issue before? I wonder why it wasn't installed when I did pip install -r requirements.dev.txt. Perhaps I did miss that call but I did get the same error on a clean install of Python on a Mac and a clean clone of RDFlib on a Windows machine. I think perhaps the pip install got interrupted some how, both time.

Oh well, noone else is seeing this and I have resolved it on both machines now, so it must be something I did.

But I do think we need to extend tests to Mac and/or Windows at some point. After this pytest PR!