owl2shacl using pyshacl

richarddi...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2021, 7:23:43 AM11/3/21
to rdflib-dev
Dear all,

I would love to create shapes from a owl file. Holger has created an initial version . Sparna did updates on it.

In my idea pyshacl should be able to create a shapes file based on an owl file. I did some trials but they were not succesful. In the following I assume that the owl input is the datafile.

pyshacl -s owl2sh-open.ttl -i owlrl -a  vph-fin.owl

Any thoughts on this?

Kind regards,
Richard

Miel Vander Sande

Nov 3, 2021, 7:28:50 AM11/3/21
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

I did a PR on https://github.com/uwlib-cams/shaclgen a while ago. It does the job, but could use a good refactoring. Might serve as a starting point?

Best,

Miel

Op wo 3 nov. 2021 om 12:23 schreef richarddi...@gmail.com <richarddi...@gmail.com>:
--
http://github.com/RDFLib
---

richarddi...@gmail.com

Nov 3, 2021, 7:45:39 AM11/3/21
to rdflib-dev
Hi Miel,

Thank you for this sugestion. I'll have a look at it.
Using shacl and pyshacl for creating the shapes would be ideal.

Regards, Richard

Boris Pelakh

Nov 3, 2021, 12:11:20 PM11/3/21
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
So is it just the issue of creating a wrapper around Sparna's work? pyshacl already supports both SPARQL rules and JS rules. Or do you think the rules themselves are not sufficient?

There is unfortunately no test suite to validate compliance.

Richard Dijkstra

Nov 4, 2021, 3:44:50 AM11/4/21
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
A wrapper might work but will create a complex solution.
My idea that any shacl processor should be able to do so is apparently not correct.
Maybe shaclgen initiated by Miel might be a way to go.

Op 3 nov. 2021 om 17:11 heeft Boris Pelakh <pel...@gmail.com> het volgende geschreven: