Cut a 2.4.1 deployment package?

jamie

Feb 6, 2009, 6:40:10 PM2/6/09
to rdflib-dev
I've been using 2.4.0 for a while and recently switched to a new build
of trunk. It seems like there are important "fixes" in head of trunk
that others would benefit from. Is there any hope of getting a new
branch packaged sometime in the near future?

Daniel Krech

Feb 7, 2009, 2:28:41 PM2/7/09
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
There have been a number of fixes that made it into trunk post 2.4.0.
And there is hope of curring a 2.4.1 release soon. A number of us have
been talking about getting some rdflib development rolling again.
Cutting a release of what's currently in trunk and any other small
patches people may have would be a great first step to get rolling
again.

I've been spending some time today running the tests and updating the
CHANGELOG. I'll plan on going through the release process and cut a
release by February 21st.

I've added a Milestone-Release2.4.1to http://code.google.com/p/rdflib/issues/list
that we can use to tag any small issues or patches we'd like to see
make it into 2.4.1.

drewpca

Feb 7, 2009, 8:44:01 PM2/7/09
to rdflib-dev

http://code.google.com/p/rdflib/issues/detail?id=18 keeps getting in
my way, but I think there are deeper problems with the ntriples
literal output. I think I have two fixes for that around- a simple one
that corrects newlines, and a rewrite that gets all the unicode
escaping right.

I'll put together a patch with tests for the better fix.

Stefano Debenedetti

Feb 9, 2009, 11:40:09 AM2/9/09
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
+1 for cutting a release out, is #redfoot still the hangout? The
topic says #rdflib but it seemed pretty empty every time I tried...

drewpca ha scritto:

> > http://code.google.com/p/rdflib/issues/detail?id=18 keeps getting in
> > my way, but I think there are deeper problems with the ntriples
> > literal output. I think I have two fixes for that around- a simple one
> > that corrects newlines, and a rewrite that gets all the unicode
> > escaping right.

I also have a patch for fixing unicode escaping in NT serialization,
please see:

http://code.google.com/p/rdflib/issues/detail?id=40

ciao
ste

Daniel Krech

Mar 4, 2009, 7:44:57 PM3/4/09
to Daniel Krech, rdfli...@googlegroups.com
I did not end up cutting a 2.4.1 release, but I did end up getting
trunk ready for one and have since branched it off as:

http://code.google.com/p/rdflib/source/browse/?r=1534#svn/
branches/2.4.x

It took some time to figure out why many of the sparql test cases that
were working in 2.4.0 were no longer working. They are once again
working as they were in 2.4.0 with the addition of a few fixes. The
bit that ended up change the way sparql worked, breaking many test
cases along the way was the following change in rdflib.sparql.Algebra:

DAWG_DATASET_COMPLIANCE = True

changed to:

DAWG_DATASET_COMPLIANCE = False

I can still cut a 2.4.1 release at some point, but would like to get
some feedback on 2.4.1 first. I'm pretty sure it contains only fixes
at this point, but in case some more-than-merely-fixes slipped in I'd
rather catch them first.

In the mean time we've started working on a fair amount of cleanup and
improvements in trunk. More on that to come.

jamie

Mar 5, 2009, 1:26:23 PM3/5/09
to rdflib-dev
Daniel this is great news. I will check out the new branch later
today.

Part of my interest in getting the trunk fixes packaged is that my
colleagues Toby Segaran, Colin Evans and I are in the final throws of
editing our O'Reilly book "Programming the Semantic Web" (http://
www.amazon.com/gp/product/0596153813) which showcases RDFLib in many
examples.

We hope we can draw more attention and participation to the RDFLib
project as it is a well sized/featured library for many Linked Data/
Mashup projects.

Many compliments to you and your fellow contributors for an excellent
piece of work.