ANN: API change and docs

Philip Cooper

Feb 10, 2008, 4:34:41 PM2/10/08
to rdfalch...@googlegroups.com
I have added epydoc generated api docs at
http://www.openvest.com/public/docs/rdfalchemy/api/

API CHANGE
===========

In whatever model files you have you need to change the name of all
descriptors from rdflib* to rdf* ,so: rdflibSingle is now rdfSingle

Sorry about the changes. I was emboldened by my last change to
rdfSubject from rdfObject. Makes sense, feels good and before an
official "version" is posted on cheeseshop is the last chance to make
such name changes without a proper deprecation warnings.

It turns out that the descriptors are not dependent on rdflib (e.g.
the SPARQL endpoint graphs use the same descriptors without
modification). It is likely that at some point...

rdfSingle we will be joined by rdfsSingle and owlSingle

That's still a bit in the future.

Jython
=======

You can check out a short page at
http://www.openvest.com/trac/wiki/RDFAlchemyJython which has links
to *very* short samples of Jena and Sesame access from Jython. This
markes a possible branch of the code made for Jena and Sesame primarily

Jython is not able currently to use rdflib but the jython trunk is
almost up to Python2.3. rdflib requires python2.4. I haven't looked
at older versions of rdflib. Between migrating rdflib to jRDFAlchemy
and having a jRDFAlchemy that can work "natively" with Jena&Sesame, I
think I prefer the later.

Stay tuned.

--
Phil