the best way to fully duplicate a rdf4j graph

lee

May 3, 2021, 1:33:30 PM5/3/21
to RDF4J Users
Hi,

We have a rdf4j backend,  which has a default/unnamed graph, and quite a few named graphs inside it. Now we would like to duplicate it and to have an exact copy of it. So in this duplicated copy, we will have the same namespaces, the same default unnamed graph and the same named graphs as the original backend database.

Could someone kindly point us to the document that shows the best practice to do this? We can think of a number of ways to do this, but would like to do it the way it is designed to do.

Thanks!
Lee

Bart Hanssens (BOSA)

May 3, 2021, 4:19:44 PM5/3/21
to rdf4j...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lee,

Well, it depends on what you want to achieve…

If you want to export the data to a file, you could just export a snapshot to a format supporting named graphs like N-Quads

and import it into a new empty store, though this will not be byte-level exact

The order in the store is not guaranteed to be exactly the same, and the resulting file size of the new store may be smaller,

because the original store may still contain some bits from data that has been deleted.

Make sure you’re using a sufficient IsolationLevel, if your application is writing data during the export.

If you want real-time replication, you probably need to look into stores supporting RDF4J like Halyard,

Ontotext GraphDB or Oracle

Best regards

Bart

liyang yu

May 3, 2021, 7:10:29 PM5/3/21
to rdf4j...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Bart! This is very helpful and informative, we appreciate it!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RDF4J Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rdf4j-users/PR3PR07MB6635C48717030770E77DC0BBCE5B9%40PR3PR07MB6635.eurprd07.prod.outlook.com.