Migrating to Github discussions: this mailinglist will be shut down after the weekend

Jeen Broekstra

Jul 15, 2021, 8:48:12 PM7/15/21
to RDF4J Users
Dear all,

As previously mentioned we've been trialling the use of Github Discussions to provide community support: https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/discussions . It has a number of advantages over mailinglists / Google Groups, including better/more consistent code layout support (handy when posting questions with code examples), the option to vote for/accept answers, and for us as developers it makes linking between issues and discussions a lot easier.

Please read https://github.com/eclipse/rdf4j/discussions/3089 for some more details about Github Discussions and how to use it.

We've now decided to take the next step and move there as our new permanent community support forum. This means that over the course of this weekend, we will be shutting down the rdf4j-users mailinglist. There are a few open questions here, that I hope we'll have a chance to still respond to, but if you have any new questions or comments I suggest that from here on in, you use the Github Discussion forum. For announcements of new releases etc, keep an eye on the forum, or the project website at https://rdf4j.org/ (ProTip for the nostalgic: we have an RSS news feed as well: https://rdf4j.org/news/index.xml ).

We look forward to seeing you there and reading your questions and comments.

Kind regards,

Jeen

PS there is also still the Gitter channel if you want a more IRC / Slack-style of interaction: https://gitter.im/eclipse/rdf4j . Presence of any RDF4J developers at any given time is not guaranteed though.