SPARK - browser support

Benedikt Kämpgen

Sep 4, 2011, 11:48:57 AM9/4/11
to rdf-...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have tried Spark with IE 8 (and with compatibility mode IE 7), but none of
the examples [1] do work. I am not experienced enough to tell why it doesn't
work there, can anyone think of a reason? Maybe Spark does not work with any
other browser apart from Firefox?

I think it would be great if Spark would be supported by other browsers,
also.

Regards,

Benedikt

[1] http://km.aifb.kit.edu/sites/spark/docs/example/index.html

--
AIFB, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Phone: +49 721 608-47946

Jeroen De Dauw

Sep 4, 2011, 12:03:51 PM9/4/11
to rdf-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

> I have tried Spark with IE 8 (and with compatibility mode IE 7), but none of the examples [1] do work.

I ran the core JS through JSLint: http://www.jslint.com/

It complains about a lot of things, but I only spotted one thing that I know will break in IE:

format = format in $.spark.format ? format : 'simple';

The in statement was AFAIK introduced in one of the more recent JS specs. It's quite likely there are other such issues present; ideally someone that can natively run these browsers could test for this.

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw
http://www.bn2vs.com

Jeroen De Dauw

Sep 4, 2011, 1:31:54 PM9/4/11
to rdf-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

> The in statement was AFAIK introduced in one of the more recent JS specs

Oh, turns out this is incorrect. IE supports this since version 1.0.

Benedikt Kämpgen

Sep 5, 2011, 11:03:17 AM9/5/11
to rdf-...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Thanks Jeroen, also for the tipp with JSLint.

Here some statistics:

FF (6.0.1): works!
FF (3.6.18): works!
Chrome (13.0.782.220 m): works!

IE (9.0.2): does not work!
IE (8.0.1) does not work!
Opera (11.50): does not work!

Would be good if at least IE would work.

Best,

Benedikt