Error Trying To Install pls: Xcode Error with devtools::install_github("hadley/devtools")

Bill Garber

Apr 10, 2020, 1:00:14 PM4/10/20
to devtools
I'm attempting to load pls, using the following procedure:
"

The pls R package

This is the source code repository of the CRAN package "pls".

Installation from CRAN

(Recommended, unless you want to test the newest changes.)

install.packages("pls")

Installatin from github

(If needed, install the devtools package from CRAN first.)

library(devtools)
install_github("bhmevik/pls")

"

In Xcode, I am trying to execute the following command, which I found in a link:
devtools::install_github("hadley/devtools")

I receive the error:
"3 Consecutive statements on a line must be separated by ';'"

I have not used Xcode at all, so I'm fumbling with diagnostics.

Does anyone have suggestions on resolving the installation of pls?

Thanks!

Bill Garber

Apr 10, 2020, 1:40:19 PM4/10/20
to devtools
Please ignore the earlier post.  In my fumbling, I found the "Package Installer" in the R application.

Thanks!