travis ci timeouts in covr::coveralls

Gregory Jefferis

Jul 27, 2017, 6:09:47 AM7/27/17
to devtools
Dear All,

This is not exactly on topic, but it's the best community I can think of to ask the question. The final stage of the travis test process for some of my R packages (e.g. https://github.com/jefferis/nat) is to run a code coverage analysis using the library covr

after_success:
  - Rscript -e 'library(covr);coveralls(exlusions="R/zzz.R")'

As of yesterday, I am getting timeout errors like this (https://travis-ci.org/jefferis/nat/builds/257926460):

$ Rscript -e 'library(covr);coveralls(exlusions="R/zzz.R")'
No output has been received in the last 10m0s, this potentially indicates a stalled build or something wrong with the build itself.
The build has been terminated
It seems like the covr::coveralls call is stalling. No output appears on https://coveralls.io/github/jefferis/nat. Restarting a travis build that worked fine on 14th July gives the same error so it seems like the problem is some travis/coveralls interaction rather than any change in my code.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Any suggestions?

With many thanks,

Greg Jefferis.

--
Gregory Jefferis, PhD