New maintainers needed for rdesktop

Pierre Ossman

Nov 25, 2019, 6:05:48 AM11/25/19
to rdesktop Announcements, rdesktop User Discussion/Support, rdesktop Developer Discussion
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to inform you that unfortunately we here at Cendio are
planning to leave the rdesktop project. This means we need to find
someone new to take over as we are currently the sole maintainers of
rdesktop.

Cendio have been involved with rdesktop for many years as it was a key
component in our product ThinLinc. As of last year though, we decided to
focus exclusively on Linux desktops and no longer include RDP support in
our product.

Since we no longer use rdesktop for our commercial offerings we no
longer feel we are the best choice for maintaining the project. rdesktop
deserves maintainers that will give the project and its users the
attention they need and deserve.

So if you feel like you could be part of the group that takes rdesktop
to its next steps, then please let us know and we'll do what we can to
get you going.

Regards
--
Pierre Ossman Software Development