Also having problem with session 10.4

mauro.gent...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2014, 4:34:13 AM8/10/14
to rdata...@googlegroups.com
Building on the previous message, I am also having problems in session 10.4:

When I call the very first code line
myTdm <- TermDocumentMatrix(myCorpus, control=list(wordLengths=c(1,Inf)))

I get the following error:

Error in UseMethod("meta", x) :
  no applicable method for 'meta' applied to an object of class "character"
In addition: Warning message:
In mclapply(unname(content(x)), termFreq, control) :
  all scheduled cores encountered errors in user code

Yanchang Zhao

Aug 12, 2014, 6:41:29 PM8/12/14
to rdata...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mauro,

I think it is caused by the changes in tm v0.6 from tm v0.5-10. I haven't played much with tm v0.6, and will investigate it later. Current too busy to improve the code for tm v0.6.

A quick and simple way is to use tm v0.5-10, based on which all original code can run successfully without any changes.

Please post your futurtion questions to the RDataMining group on Linkedin at http://group.rdatamining.com/, instead of here. Thanks.

Regards
Yanchang