Re: [TANKS] Digest for rctankcombat@googlegroups.com - 3 updates in 1 topic

John Pittelli

Feb 4, 2023, 11:56:09 AM2/4/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
There should be construction pics of my Panzer II on the site.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Saturday, February 4, 2023, 4:33 AM, rctank...@googlegroups.com wrote:

ROBERT AMEND <Gettysb...@aol.com>: Feb 03 04:39PM -0500

Hello all,
Looking at the possibility of using 3/32“ aluminum to construct a lower hull. How would you go about fabricating? Bend the aluminum? Rivet?
Thanks,
Bob

Sent from my iPhone
"wsmo...@aim.com" <wsmo...@aim.com>: Feb 03 10:33PM

Which tank? But I have done quite a of riveting aluminum on my boat.

Sent from the all new AOL app for Android

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 4:39 PM, 'ROBERT AMEND' via R/C Tank Combat<rctank...@googlegroups.com> wrote: Hello all,
Looking at the possibility of using 3/32“ aluminum to construct a lower hull.  How would you go about fabricating?  Bend the aluminum?  Rivet?
Thanks,
Bob

Sent from my iPhone

They do make brazing rods for aluminum. I've personally never used them
though so I don't know how hard they would be to use.

Derek

On Fri, Feb 3, 2023 at 4:33 PM 'wsmo...@aim.com' via R/C Tank Combat <

Robert Currie

Feb 4, 2023, 12:23:18 PM2/4/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
3/32 -1/8” aluminum will bend with a little warmth  rivets will work , If you can weld , mig will work
Do some research on aluminum 6061 , 7072 there are a few type of aluminum that will suck to weld . You can also drill and tap solid rod aluminum and countersink your hull sheets and have something to connect the other hull sheets

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Don S

Feb 4, 2023, 2:29:51 PM2/4/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
The stuff I tried a while back was called alumiweld.  I (lacking real-world fabrication experience) had mixed results from watching YouTube videos, so I would think that someone who knew the ins and outs of brazing would have done much better.  It was inconvenient enough for me move on from it, but YMMV.