SCC -> PAGin™

Caleb Smith

Oct 11, 2023, 8:40:14 PM10/11/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
It's been a rough couple years for the SCC. Suffering humiliating personnel shortages after the debacle known as the Zombie War and lack of defense contracts during Trump's era of world peace left the SCC tired, short-staffed, and broke. Falling back on their trusted chicken business till things improved, the Smith Clan was able to hang on and eventually rebrand their company into the now formidable PAGin™. (Pennsylvania Agricultural Guard inc.) Using grants supposed to fund the fight against the spotted lantern fly, PAGin™ has been able to build a new compound in the hills of Pennsylvania while expanding its tank divisions with excellent armor acquired from the Afghanistan black market. Business is booming.
During all this, PAGin™ has not forgotten the atrocities committed against them at the hands of Tri-Pact and their cohorts. Retaliation has been the ever present motivation.
There are reports of PAGin™ possibly building a dirty bomb disguised as a shipment of bug spray, intended for delivery to Tri-Pact headquarters during their annual budget banquet. The accuracy of these reports is hard to verify as the only information available is from migrant illegal immigrants doing short term ag work for the clan on their way to NYC.
Will Tri-Pact act on these reports? Will there be conflict between these warring factions yet again? Only time will tell but in the meantime PAGin™ will be sharpening their swords, ready for the day.

What's up everyone? It's been a while and it's been so quiet here. Anyone out there still wanting to battle RC Tanks?
These last two years have been busy ones for me but I'm happy to say I came out on the other side with a beautiful wife and a lovely piece of property in the hills of PA. I've got enough room here that we could have battles here if people want to. I'd love to host. If anyone is out there and wants to battle let me know and we'll see about keeping this hobby alive!

Steve Tyng

Oct 12, 2023, 6:36:20 PM10/12/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
A new wife huh?  Well congrats!

I might be up to a tank battle.  It would give me the incentive to build a much needed new set of threads for the Cromwell.  Might even convert it to LifePO4 while I'm at it.

Steve T.

Caleb Smith

Oct 12, 2023, 10:01:31 PM10/12/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys.
I have just under 5 acres here of mostly wooded ground. It is sloped so it could present some interesting battle scenarios too. No open fields for John to sit and snipe in unfortunately though.
A spring battle sounds great. Need time to get things operational anyway. My locust has received some upgrades but still doesn't possess a working turret.

odyssey...@aol.com

Oct 12, 2023, 10:44:51 PM10/12/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com, Steve Tyng

Steve Tyng

Oct 14, 2023, 8:59:12 AM10/14/23
to R/C Tank Combat

Caleb Smith

Oct 14, 2023, 7:29:38 PM10/14/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
That's how you do it! Lol

dwco...@comcast.net

Oct 16, 2023, 10:41:50 PM10/16/23
to R/C Tank Combat
Hi Guys!

Great to touch base. Like Caleb, I have a new place with some land. Same wife, though :) Seven acres of mostly woods with some clearings in Lincoln University, PA. I'm near the PA/DE/MD border. Like John, my tank is taken apart and gathering dust. I can probably get it together with a little battle notice. I can host here, too.

- Doug

Caleb Smith

Oct 21, 2023, 10:39:21 PM10/21/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
Great to hear from you, Doug! Congrats on the new place. Sounds like a nice place for a battle.
Here's a look at my woods. It's pretty clear and I can work on cleaning up some of the dead wood to get it more open. It's not a huge area, definitely not Gettysburg that's for sure but I think it'd make for some fun close quarters combat. The photos show the larger open space in the woods. There's a road that runs all the way to the bottom of the property where it's steps down steeply to a small flatter section and a small creek. There are some brush and briar sections that would be impenetrable to a tank. Overall I think it has potential for some interesting scenarios, probably not too many artillery friendly scenarios, but fun nonetheless. Lol
I'm happy to host here anytime or if it works better and Doug is willing I'm open to battle there. I just want to hang out and battle again!

PXL_20231017_220132201.PANO.jpg

Steve Tyng

Oct 22, 2023, 10:10:32 AM10/22/23
to R/C Tank Combat
Looks good Caleb.  Keep the deadwood.  Makes it more interesting.

Caleb Smith

Oct 23, 2023, 7:05:16 PM10/23/23
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
Took the Locust for a test drive this evening. Got stuck a bit more than I would like. Ground clearance isn't huge on this small thing! Lol

PXL_20231023_220136360.jpg