where is everyone?

odyssey...@aol.com

Oct 21, 2019, 5:52:27 PM10/21/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
i have only seen maybe 3 or 4 people posting in here over that last few months?

so where is everyone?

still there but life getting in the way? gone off to some FaceBook page? or just given up on the hobby?

chris

Stu Cameron

Oct 22, 2019, 1:52:55 PM10/22/19
to R/C Tank Combat
I still have three tanks in various states of repair.
T-047 and my M5A1 could be running in a few weeks, but the M4A1 is still an early prototype.
They don't do well just sitting on a shelf (and I have been working on houses, motorcycles and Star Wars stuff), so I am waiting for an RC Tank event to justify getting them up and running.

Stu
Message has been deleted

A Martin

Oct 22, 2019, 2:56:35 PM10/22/19
to R/C Tank Combat, Stu Cameron

I'm still here lurking in the background, telling myself one day soon I will build one, slowly gathering bits, but with a house extension I'm building, a property in France I'm renovating and two young children not to mention trying to stay in the other half's good books, me time is on an all time low lol

Regards

Al

Sent from my Xperia by Sony smartphone

---- Stu Cameron wrote ----

Derek Engelhaupt

Oct 22, 2019, 5:12:19 PM10/22/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
My tanks are in the garage gathering dust.  I worked on my KV-2 a while back, but since there is no hope of ever battling here in TX I have been working on my 1/16 scale R/C IR tanks.  The Sturmtiger is in a non-running state right now.

Derek

odyssey...@aol.com

Oct 22, 2019, 9:32:41 PM10/22/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
i hear ya, i have been looking for work for a few weeks now, unless you have a CDL or are a RN your out of luck and i can still hear my bank account bouncing...

chris

In a message dated 10/22/2019 1:52:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, tigert...@gmail.com writes:

All,

This is Stu Cameron, in Severna Park MD.  I still have most of three tanks laying around doing nothing.  I could have T-047 and a Stuart M5A1 operational in a week or two, but the M4A1 Sherman is still in the rough prototype phase.  I have been bogged down by other expenses and hobbies (for most of the last 15 years).  As tank events are few and far between, I wait for an event/deadline to inspire me to get off my butt and go to war.

Stu

Derek Engelhaupt

Oct 22, 2019, 10:44:43 PM10/22/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
I got laid off from GM in Feb, but found a better paying job.  It did take 3 months though. Luckily I got a severance to tide me over.

Doug Conn

Oct 22, 2019, 10:53:54 PM10/22/19
to R/C Tank Combat
I still check in now and then. Haven't had much time to work on tanks, but I'm starting to feel the itch returning.

odyssey...@aol.com

Oct 22, 2019, 11:19:58 PM10/22/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
Hi Doug, since last we spoke, the old lap top died and got a new one and started tinkering with Fusion 360 but don't really have the time to sit and play with it daily (or weekly) like i'd like to but do want to get back to it (hoping to get the hang of it)

chris

J-MaxRC

Oct 26, 2019, 8:38:25 PM10/26/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
Yes!....

It is pretty silent recently...

I always hope for some movement but in the meantime I pretty much rely on Facebook to keep me in touch... If it was only of the social aspect of Facebook I would surely stau away from it, but I follow so much tank related pages that I need to look for some interesting articles, museums or archives pictures that we sometimes post on the C.T.D. Facebook page...

I just modified the 1/9 T-60 3D printed tank so that the motor mounts can handle the heat of the motors in thick grass runs by replacing the 3d printed parts by laser cut aluminum ones... See picture! That is a big learning for me to put that in a 1/6 scale mind...!

Also trying out smaller and bigger 1/6 scale projects using the 3d printer obviously...

I hope to see a battle again, ready to do at least the 13 hours trip of last time..!! Maybe next summer???!!

Anyway, I just hope everybody is doing find! Take care!

Jean-Maxime

IMG_20191026_203411.jpg
IMG_20191014_213358.jpg

neroc1

Oct 27, 2019, 7:36:04 AM10/27/19
to R/C Tank Combat

Im still building tanks in the UK. And still teaching it to pre teenagers in secondary school, now in our 8th year .we have 4 (NERF) tanks and 3 more in construction.
we have a battle day at least once a month and the kids love it. I sometimes cant believe how lucky I am to get paid to teach tank building to children. one or two of them are taking an interest in building tanks themselves. but I think it must be difficult for children, cost wise and having space to do it.

I think its a major shame that tank chat has died off from this site, I used to really enjoy it.

If any one wants tank battles in their area ,i my advice is you make at least two tanks and get your friend to control one and you control the other, then build more and it will grow. thats what I did.
I found it very difficult finding a safe location to fire paintballs .the general public always seemed to stick thier face in on this over crowded island we call Britain.

I do believe though - if you want it , Make it happen

Fred Thomson

Dec 3, 2019, 11:44:54 AM12/3/19
to R/C Tank Combat

Still here. :-)

 Just thinking about retirement and trying to get all that squared away. Life sometimes gets in the way of building. ...but, I do have a T-34 all drawn out and ready to start.

On Monday, October 21, 2019 at 5:52:27 PM UTC-4, odyssey...@aol.com wrote:
i have only seen maybe 3 or 4 people posting in here over that last few months?

so where is everyone?

<snip>

Caleb Smith

Apr 14, 2020, 6:07:43 PM4/14/20
to R/C Tank Combat
I'm still around. Been more active in the boat combat since battles here kinda died off. My Locust still doesn't have an ideal drive system but with no battling I haven't been to motivated to work on it. Would love to see some more activity. This hobby is too dang fun to let die.

Derek Engelhaupt

Apr 15, 2020, 6:51:39 PM4/15/20
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
I'm still around, but just working on my 1/16 scale tanks these days since there has been little activity here.   Some of my Russian projects:

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 5:07 PM Caleb Smith <3219...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm still around. Been more active in the boat combat since battles here kinda died off. My Locust still doesn't have an ideal drive system but with no battling I haven't been to motivated to work on it. Would love to see some more activity. This hobby is too dang fun to let die.

101_0390.JPG