A bit quiet recently...!

J-MaxRC

Mar 31, 2019, 4:41:38 PM3/31/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

The past months have been somewhat quiet...

I hope everyone is doing all rigth and that maybe some of you got the chance to work on some tank related stuff???!

I just wanted to show you guys a project I have been working non stop for at least a good 3 month.

I did a lot of testing here with the 3D printer at 1/9 scale in the optic to transfer what work to 1/6 scale inspired by the Centurion built of Neil-Erik Kristensen that show the wonders of 3D printing in our hobby!

And also I tested more on the torsion bar suspension and so far I'm pretty glad of the result!

 Maybe this can bring back the tank fever in some of you!!!!??

And I will continue to post updates on my current work on the CTD facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/C.T.D.CANADIANTANKDIVISION/

Introductio video:

Built video:

With some chance, I migth see you in battle??!

--
Jean-Maxime Cyr St-Pierre

Christopher Crabb

Mar 31, 2019, 5:02:31 PM3/31/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
I've been lurking in the background for a long time now. Hopefully soon I'll have my bills paid and can squander time and resources to RC tank combat.

Christopher Crabb

Caleb Smith

Apr 1, 2019, 8:44:51 PM4/1/19
to R/C Tank Combat
The "Smith" Clan is still alive and well despite all efforts to shut us down by Tri-Pact and their compadres. Unfortunately with peace prevailing as of late the government has been very lax in defence spending leaving the vaunted Locust in disrepair. We've managed to keep the feared 25-pounder in front line condition just in case Tri-Pact decided to break out into the North. We hope they will not be that foolish.
As before mentioned deceased government spending has also led to the layoff of our incredible employees, halting all construction on further assets. We've managed to hang onto several engineers though who work daily in their underground lab to design the next great fighting machine for the futherment of the "Smith" Clan's mission. If war becomes evident, we will be forced to bring these machines to fruition which will spell doom for Tri-Pact who can neither withstand the quality and quantity of the entire "Smith" Clan fury.

Yours faithfully,
Agent "Smith"

Derek Engelhaupt

Apr 1, 2019, 8:49:32 PM4/1/19
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
I was recently playing with adding an Open Panzer TCB controller to my KV-2 so it could have sound and other features, but it didn't play will with my Vantec RDFR36 ESC.  Other than that my time has been trying to find a new job after my layoff from GM a month ago.  Been more focused on my 1/16 scale tanks since there is a IR battle club not far from me here in Austin.