hello

neroc1

Nov 1, 2020, 8:09:57 AM11/1/20
to R/C Tank Combat
if anyone still reads this id like to say hello to my old friends.
im still building 1/6th tanks in my school, i hope you guys are still interested in the hobby.

Neil R

Derek Engelhaupt

Nov 1, 2020, 1:16:03 PM11/1/20
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
I'm still around.  A few months back I went to a local 1/16 tank battle day and brought my 1/6th KV-2.  Everyone was impressed with it even though it is a battle tank and wasn't built as a rivet counter.  Still into tanks, but most of my tanker time is now in 1/16th scale.  Currently building an SU-152 tank destroyer conversion on a Heng Long 1/16 KV-1.

Derek

neroc1

Jan 3, 2021, 1:51:09 PM1/3/21
to R/C Tank Combat
derek im pleased someone is still tank building. Ive not made anything for almost a year and my school class was stopped due to covid.
Ill start up again one day,

dTs 3

Jan 4, 2021, 4:47:29 AM1/4/21
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
I am definitely interested, but I didn't finish my tank before all the activity died down around here 😔

J-MaxRC

Jan 5, 2021, 10:25:09 PM1/5/21
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I'm also still in the ''business'' of building 1/6 scale tanks! Got big plans to modernise my SU-76, rebuilt the T-70 (since it got pretty messed up at the last battle in pennsylvania.... And I did not do much since except gaterring parts for it...!), also got two other 1/6 scale tanks with parts and plans laying around and I got a small 1/9 scale mostly 3D printed T-60 light tank to work on as a prototype for 1/6 3d printed parts......

Sadly life got in the ways for the past couple years, but with the new world we now live in, I might get some time to work on stuff with another full lock down in my place (Quebec, Canada) to be announced tomorrow... So..... we will see!

Hope that some more of you have the tank flame burning somewhere!!! Maybe to get more activity in the near future..!

Wish everybody the best for the new weird year ahead!

Jean-Maxime St-Pierre

--
Jean-Maxime Cyr St-Pierre

Derek Engelhaupt

Jan 5, 2021, 11:57:05 PM1/5/21
to rctank...@googlegroups.com
I completely rewired the KV-2 and beefed up the motor mounts.  I even slapped a coat of paint on it.  It's been running well.