WebADM web interface slow in Offline mode

Leon Van Eeden

Nov 30, 2023, 4:26:48 AM11/30/23
to RCDevs Security
Good day,

We use WebADM offline (Without Internet access) and have noticed that it sometimes takes up to 30 seconds to load the web interface. We assume this is due to a timeout on OSCP/CRL certificate checks, which fail due to no Internet connection. Is there a way to disable these checks to avoid the delays?

Kind regards,

Leon van Eeden

marc....@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2023, 4:12:45 AM12/1/23
to RCDevs Security

Hi Leon,

What is your version of WebAdm ?

Thanks,

Leon Van Eeden

Dec 19, 2023, 8:27:20 AM12/19/23
to RCDevs Security
Hi,

We are using version 2.3.7

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Dec 19, 2023, 8:31:04 AM12/19/23
to RCDevs Security
Hello,

Do you have a freeware license?
If yes, then WebADM can not be disconnected from our cloud service license.
If you want to run WebADM in offline mode, you must have an enterprise license issued by our sales team.

Regards

Leon Van Eeden

Dec 19, 2023, 8:46:35 AM12/19/23
to RCDevs Security
We do Indeed have a freeware license. Would this be the reason why the GUI sometimes takes up to 30 seconds to respond?

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Dec 19, 2023, 8:50:03 AM12/19/23
to RCDevs Security
Yes, because it's checking connection to rcdevs cloud service and it is not reachable and the timeout is set to 30s.
And after 10 days, if the communication with RCDevs cloud services can not be established, the offline cache will not work anymore and the authentication service (OpenOTP) will be stop handling requests.

Regards

Leon Van Eeden

Dec 19, 2023, 8:50:14 AM12/19/23
to RCDevs Security
Hi

WebADM does have internet access but WAProxy doesn't. Will that be an issue?

Leon Van Eeden

Dec 19, 2023, 8:50:17 AM12/19/23
to RCDevs Security
Hi Yoann,

WebAdm does have internet access but WAProxy doesn't

Will that cause an issue?

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Dec 19, 2023, 8:51:16 AM12/19/23
to RCDevs Security
No, WAProxy do not need to have an internet access but generally, WAPRoxy is reachable from internet.

Regards

Leon Van Eeden

Dec 20, 2023, 3:21:34 AM12/20/23
to RCDevs Security
WebADM doesn have internet access and hasbeen upgraded to the latest but we are still experiencing delays. Any suggestions?

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Dec 20, 2023, 5:11:23 AM12/20/23
to RCDevs Security
Which latency do you have with cloud.rcdevs.com endpoints from your WebADM server or from the location of WebADM server?

Regards

Leon Van Eeden

Dec 20, 2023, 8:58:44 AM12/20/23
to rcdevs-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yoann

Pinging cloud.rcdevs.com [149.202.165.239] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 149.202.165.239:

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Dec 20, 2023, 9:01:13 AM12/20/23
to RCDevs Security
Ok, looks correct.
What about the following command from WebADM server:

openssl s_client -connect cloud.rcdevs.com:443

Also, could you provide a screenshot of WebADM GUI > Admin tab

Regards

Leon Van Eeden

Dec 28, 2023, 1:47:38 AM12/28/23
to rcdevs-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Attached please find the screenshots as requested.

6.png
5.png
7.png