Different behavior Kerberos userernames

Erik Schellekens

Nov 16, 2023, 3:20:09 AM11/16/23
to RCDevs Security
Hi,

I see some differences in behavior when authenticating through netscaler.
In earlier versions the username isn't case sensitive, but after upgrading the netscaler to a higher version, the username becomes case sensitive.
I know he netscaler is upgraded so I should investigate the netscaler in what changed there, but if any of you might have an idea, or has experienced the same problem, it would help.
The versions are:

- freeradius 3.2.0
- curl 7.81.0
- talloc 2.3.3
- openssl 1.1.1o
- libxml2 2.9.13
- libopenotp 1.0.25
- openldap 2.6.2
- json-c 0.13.1
- zlib 1.2.11

Version of netscaler:

NS13.0 92.19.nc

The lb_vserver's authentication is through AAA vServer with classic policy authenticating LDAP and RADIUS on OpenOTP server.

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Nov 16, 2023, 11:52:15 AM11/16/23
to RCDevs Security
Hello,

There is no case sensitivity on our side for that kind of integration so the problem is probably not coming from us if it is related to that.
Do you see the authentication request coming from NS in /opt/webadm/logs/webadm.log ? If yes, what is the result of the authentication request?

Regards