Frustrating inital setup with Active Directory - LDAP Proxy doesn't work

Max DiOrio

Feb 23, 2024, 2:14:23 AMFeb 23
to RCDevs Security
Hi,

I went through the appliance configuration, using Active Directory, non-extended schema.

I configured our ldap server, our proxy user, and while it connects to the ldap server, the proxy user refuses to work.

Checking LDAP proxy user access... ERROR

I'm not sure what checks it's doing.  I've used two different proxy accounts, our existing read/write that has full read/write to AD, and I created a new proxy account.

Following your proxy permissions documentation, first issue I run into, there is no attribute for bootfile or bootparameter on my 2012 R2 DC's, so I can't set permissions on those entries.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Benoît Jager (RCDevs)

Feb 23, 2024, 2:24:20 AMFeb 23
to RCDevs Security
Hello,

The step “Checking LDAP proxy user access... ERROR”  checks that proxy user is able to authenticate to the LDAP server.

Can you check if you configured the following setting in /opt/webadm/conf/webadm.conf file:
ldap_treebase

If this is configured, check that “proxy_user” setting is without treebase of your AD
If this is not configured, check that “proxy_user” setting is a whole DN (including treebase of your AD)

Kind regards

Max DiOrio

Feb 23, 2024, 9:41:14 AMFeb 23
to RCDevs Security
Thanks - finally got that working.  Only way it worked was changing the DN structure to CN,OU,OU,DC,DC