Carsten Rønne

Apr 23, 2024, 6:21:48 AMApr 23
to RCDevs Security
Hi,

Have any tried ldap password for OpenOTPtoken fails if including an '€' ?

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Apr 23, 2024, 6:29:40 AMApr 23
to RCDevs Security

Hello,

I see there might have been some confusion.

The OpenOTP Token is our mobile application designed to generate OTPs. It doesn't involve the concept of an "LDAP password."

However, if you're referring to the OpenOTP Server, which validates LDAP passwords with LDAP backends like AD, OpenLDAP, Novell, etc...  I've tested it in my infrastructure, and it's functioning properly.

Can you provide more details on where exactly you are experiencing issues?

Regards

Carsten Rønne

Apr 23, 2024, 9:01:46 AMApr 23
to rcdevs-t...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Correct, using OpenOTP Server 2.2.14, which validates LDAP passwords with AD.
A user had issues authenticating. Webadm server log showed "wrong password". We discovered that € is not accepted by OpenOTP in password strings.
Is there a way to troubleshoot this further?

Thanks

Yoann Traut (RCDevs)

Apr 23, 2024, 9:08:44 AMApr 23
to RCDevs Security
Hello,

Which client integration was used to send the password to OpenOTP? (VPN, OpenOTP Credential Provider for Windows...)
Could you attempt to check the LDAP password from the WebADM GUI? Navigate to WebADM GUI > click on the user account > MFA Authentication Server > Test OTP/Fido authentication.
Additionally, you can set the log_debug parameter to yes in /opt/webadm/conf/webadm.conf, then reload the configuration from WebADM GUI > Admin tab > Reload WebADM configuration file. This should enable you to view LDAP error codes in the WebADM logs. Please provide the logs related to LDAP operations performed.

Regards