RCC Canberra

Laura Hale

Sep 10, 2010, 1:38:11 AM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8VO48xMX4U is a video from it if you're interested. :)

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

--
mobile: 0412183663
twitter: purplepopple
blog: ozziesport.com

Eugene Eric Kim

Sep 10, 2010, 2:37:01 AM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
This is great, Laura! But you're not in it!

I love these videos. The one that Geri did at the first RCC is still a
personal favorite. I hope people keep doing these!

=Eugene

On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 10:38 PM, Laura Hale <la...@fanhistory.com> wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8VO48xMX4U is a video from it if you're
> interested. :)
>
> Sincerely,
> Laura Hale

Eugene Eric Kim ................................ http://xri.net/=eekim
Blue Oxen Associates ........................ http://www.blueoxen.com/

Laura Hale

Sep 10, 2010, 2:39:43 AM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Eugene Eric Kim <ee...@blueoxen.com> wrote:
This is great, Laura! But you're not in it!

That's because I didn't have the choice of dates when it came to organizing and had a previous commitment.  I couldn't make it.  (Thus, I organized behind the scenes and helped with Twitter but didn't attend.)

I love these videos. The one that Geri did at the first RCC is still a
personal favorite. I hope people keep doing these!

Me too. :) I also want to have an RCC that I can finally attend.  (I've missed the past two, where I helped organize some for both.)  I think there were thoughts about something in March in Sydney but we'd need to get a venue.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

Mark Dilley

Sep 10, 2010, 2:07:05 PM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
I am getting a message that this video is private - I wanna see it :-D

Anne GOLDENBERG

Sep 10, 2010, 2:11:57 PM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com

Mark,
if you clic on the widget,
it says it is private,
but then you get to a list
and the next one, with same photograph, is public :)
x anne

Mark Dilley

Sep 10, 2010, 2:29:35 PM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Anne!

I had to do a bit more work around than that :-)

I couldn't get to the widget - so I created an AboutUs wiki page, added the <youtube>_8VO48xMX4U</youtube>  tag and then could get to the list :-)

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Anne GOLDENBERG

Sep 10, 2010, 2:44:53 PM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
+++

I just had a little chat with Nicole who were telling me that Laura was not in the movie because not attending RCC.
...(wich I knew)
and it made me realised that I was maybe sounding critical...

In fact, I was not asking for recognition for the invisible work,
but more for inspiration because it is inspiring to see the way we work..

And then, talking on the different movies that have been done on Rcc,
and thinking about these preparation work, caring organisation and processes to be documented,
We thought of maybe launching a project of doing a collective movie about "us" (;)) and the way we work.

to be continued at a wikipintouch meeting
xxxx
anne

Laura Hale

Sep 10, 2010, 5:15:16 PM9/10/10
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Anne GOLDENBERG <goldenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
+++

I just had a little chat with Nicole who were telling me that Laura was not in the movie because not attending RCC.
...(wich I knew) and it made me realised that I was maybe sounding critical...

I didn't view your comment as critical of me for not attending at all.  Life just sometimes happens when you're making other plans.  When we were doing the original planning for RCC 2010, I thought it was going to be earlier and that I'd be able to attend.  The date got pushed back and I started my PhD program at a place far away and couldn't afford to ticket.  The planning bits I was involved with I was happy to be involved with.  (And if I had the $1600 to buy a plane ticket to attend, I would have.)

RCC Canberra was similar only different.  Some one I knew wanted to hold a wiki conference.  I had the format to do it.  They just had a date for it (and location) that conflicted with plans made about a month earlier involving plane tickets and hotel reservations. (We had three weeks lead time.) I did as much as I could to help with it to promote it on Twitter, identi.ca, Facebook and elsewhere.  I also helped hang up posters around campus at the University of Canberra.  I explained how RCC should worked and helped with organizing wiki space on Wikiversity.  (A lot of the hard work was done by Leigh Blackwell and others at the University of Canberra.  It is amazing how much smoother things can go when you have institutional support.  In this case, it could not have been done without that institutional support. )

If you can't attend but believe in what is being done and can help with it, then easy enough to do.

In fact, I was not asking for recognition for the invisible work,

Sometimes credit for invisible work is very important.  People aren't always aware of the behind the scenes dynamics of how things are going and they can tread on people's egos on accident.  They might not be aware of everything that is being done.  It can be a pain as yeah, sometimes it really does seem like magic that an Open Space event comes off so well.

Sincerely,
Laura Hale

Dunbar Aitkens

Jun 15, 2012, 5:34:33 PM6/15/12
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com

Does anyone know, iss the RCC 2006 conference video "Opem Frame" avaiLable
for download, anywwhere ... downlaod as fhe file, alternative to streaming
video? I think it would be quite helpful in gettting spark to the idea
of RCC cpomntinuing. Barcamps =have the8r place whern they occur, but
deviding into meetings in vaious rooms is not the same things or a
replacement of meetings in var8ous polaces with8ng one room for the voting
with ones feeet of the loatters, so simpler for, new unknwn/tested
toopics/participants.

- Dunbar

--

Dunbar Aitkens
cap...@peak.org

Mark Dilley

Jun 16, 2012, 1:00:44 AM6/16/12
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
Nice to hear from you Dunbar  :-)

Here is the video, I hope people can download this in case this link disappears - since I think Gerri has removed it from YouTube.

Anne GOLDENBERG

Jun 16, 2012, 10:38:17 AM6/16/12
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com, Antoine Beaupré
oh wow,
thank for the question qnd for the link,
nice movie and memories ....
:-)
xxx anne