RCC US - Let's do this!

Sarah Stierch

Jan 29, 2012, 12:35:30 PM1/29/12
to RecentChangesCamp Planning
Hi everyone,

Pete Forsyth asked me to participate in the conversation about the
potential to host a RCC in the US this year. After learning more about
the format and hearing nothing but positive experiences from past
participants in events in the US and else where, I'd love to lend a
hand in putting together an event in the US.

Portland sounds great; as I lived in Portland for a very brief time in
the early 2000's, and I have plans to move to San Francisco in early
June. It also seems like RCC has an active history there, which would
be a nice perk for promoting it to past attendees. (And hopefully new
attendees!)

While I know a few folks on this list, a few folks here might not know
me! You can learn a bit more about me on my Wikipedia page[1], if
you're curious. I am currently co-planning a second GLAMcamp for the
United States[2] and I serve on the program planning committee for
Wikimania, and AdaCamp, which will coincide during the pre-conference
at Wikimania this year.[3] So, I'd love to lend a hand to help with
RCC!

Looking forward to seeing what happens, and getting to know you all.

-Sarah

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SarahStierch
[2]http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAMcamp_DC
[3] The first AdaCamp took place in Australia -
http://adainitiative.org/what-we-do/events/adacamp-mel-2012/