edit mode/rcc 2010

Goldjian

Mar 1, 2013, 9:57:57 PM3/1/13
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com, Carrol Dufault
Dear wiki people of the world
I hope you all go well.

I need some help on the rcc wiki.

The following user :Carrol Dufault
(in cc)
want to rename  her user page
http://2010.recentchangescamp.org/index.php?title=User:Carrol_Dufault
Game widow

or delete it.

But the rcc 2010 is read only and we cannot edit it.
Is there something someone her can do to help ?

be well,
Anne

Mark Dilley

Mar 2, 2013, 12:52:02 AM3/2/13
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com, Carrol Dufault
I believe http://2010.recentchangescamp.org/wiki/User:ShakataGaNai is the person in control of the space.

Carrol,  how important is it that you have this renamed?

Best, Mark

Jon Davis

Mar 2, 2013, 12:59:39 PM3/2/13
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com, Carrol Dufault
Unfortunately you cannot "rename" a user in MediaWiki.  Typically one would just create a new user and update their old userpage to redirect to the new.  However, since this wiki has been archived for historical purpose, how about we let sleeping dogs lie?

Jon

Mark Dilley

Mar 2, 2013, 9:44:31 PM3/2/13
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com, rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com, Carrol Dufault
Jon, I am confused - I rename users in MediaWiki all the time (not speaking to the archive status here). Why do you say you can't - curious...

Solidarity, Mark

313-942-9454 on the mobile

Jon Davis

Mar 2, 2013, 10:15:11 PM3/2/13
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
Partially I went space cadet, partially it exists in an extension ( http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Renameuser ) which is currently not installed, though it could be.  That wiki hasn't been updated (software side) in quite a while.

Unrelated, we talked off list, deleted user page.

Mark Dilley

Mar 3, 2013, 11:23:05 PM3/3/13
to rcc-pl...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for the update.

So when is the next RecentChangesCamp?   Midwest?

WikiBirthday.org is coming up soon too!