YM2149

Alberto Calò

Jun 16, 2024, 11:21:11 AM (13 days ago) Jun 16
to RC2014-Z80
Hi guys,
I have got from z80Kits the YM219 sound card for my RC2014 Pro setup.

It seems to be working fine as I have got the descend.bas to work. I have found this file in the link below:

I have also tried to compile the player from the same repo above  by running:

sudo make pt

Below the contents of the Makefile:

test.bin: test.asm
z80asm -l -b test.asm
appmake +rom -b test_INIT.bin --org 49152 --ihex

pt:
-sjasm PTxPlay.asm
appmake +rom -b PTxPlay.out --org 49152 --ihex

int:
-sjasm interrupt/PTxPlay.asm
appmake +rom -b interrupt/PTxPlay.out --org 45056 --ihex

.PHONY clean:
rm -f *.bin *.err *.hex *.lis *.obj *.o *.out *.rom *.lst *.ihx

After running the makefile I have got the following error message:

sjasm PTxPlay.asm

make: sjasm: No such file or directory

make: [pt] Error 1 (ignored)

appmake +rom -b PTxPlay.out --org 49152 --ihex

make: appmake: No such file or directory

make: *** [pt] Error 1

I have placed sjasm within the same folder Player where all the other files are.

However, I understand that I also need appmake but I cannot find a copy for my Mac.

Any help/suggestion would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Alberto

Ed Brindley

Jun 25, 2024, 6:02:06 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to RC2014-Z80
I would recommend using the ptxplay version from feilipu's repository https://github.com/feilipu/RC2014-YM2149/tree/master

It's more advanced than the version in the main repo as it accepts the file to play as a command line parameter rather than building the audio file into the object output.

There is a built .com file which will work on any CP/M version in there.

Ed

Phillip Stevens

Jun 26, 2024, 2:14:07 AM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to RC2014-Z80
On Monday 17 June 2024, UTC+10 Alberto Calò wrote:
I have got from z80Kits the YM219 sound card for my RC2014 Pro setup.

It seems to be working fine as I have got the descend.bas to work. I have found this file in the link below:

However, I understand that I also need appmake but I cannot find a copy for my Mac.
Any help/suggestion would be very much appreciated!

To install z88dk which contains the assembler and linker just download the latest version (nightly build) and extract it in the usual MacOS way.

I recently found that MacOS has switched to zsh away from bash as a default shell, so I recently added the note that the shell default needs to be reverted to bash.
I'm not sure how to make the zsh shell work, so sorry.

good luck.

Alberto Calò

Jun 26, 2024, 2:54:46 AM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to rc201...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ed,

Many thanks for your response. I have used that feilipu's verdion and it worked indeed!

Kind regards,

Alberto

Alberto Calò

Jun 26, 2024, 2:58:06 AM (4 days ago) Jun 26
to rc201...@googlegroups.com
Hi Philip,

Many thanks to your response as well!

I will try it by following your steps and let you know how it goes.

Kind regards,

Alberto